Oakville Oak & CO Condos | ?m | 25s | Cortel Group | Zeidler

From today, looking south.

81746B66-08CA-4EDB-8458-1EF59417D476.jpeg
2CA0764F-1CF0-4F65-A52D-2D8FC027BFAA.jpeg
02A9483D-A284-4298-824E-E5695E8BD134.jpeg
510DF592-B73C-48EE-B4FB-62DCA6B0E152.jpeg
F0D06AF7-73C1-4E31-9388-93097181AD6C.jpeg
B3459780-6CCB-4DC3-BFDC-D473475A8E5F.jpeg

Sunday morning. Couldn't believe the amount of condo construction on Trafalgar around Dundas.
DJI_0959.JPG

DJI_0952.JPG

Sunday morning. Couldn't believe the amount of condo construction on Trafalgar around Dundas.View attachment 326071

First, great pics, TY!

Second..........so much wrong here.........the density has potential..........but the supermarket with vast gobs of street parking, which turns away from the street.

The road...9 lanes wide!!!! (six travel lanes, a right-hand turn lane, and a double-left lane), that's just nuts.

The pedestrian conditions look downright hostile. They would be hard to mitigate next to such a wide road........but no tree-lined boulevard to separate the noise, pollution and real/perceived safety risk from the walking route.

This development is also way too close to the natural space, there's no wild life corridor being left, it's just one big catastrophic fail.

What natural space? It's just a small creek crossing.
:rolleyes:

It's a more than 6km long creek, and part of a natural ecosystem of more than 100 hectares.

The encroachment at that corner is excessive as it relates to the ecological, hydrological and recreational function of the creek,.

I'm not sure why Halton Conservation allowed that.........

Ah well.

Below is what that same creek valley looks like, only 400m to the south east.

1623269599806.png

Even directly across the street, room was afforded for a small trail (though it appears rather inadequate, and has no natural buffer on one side.

1623269775480.png

The encroachment at that corner is excessive as it relates to the ecological, hydrological and recreational function of the creek,.

I'm not sure why Halton Conservation allowed that.........

There's a glut of stormwater ponds in the area already. You environmentalists are impossible to satisfy. And as far as being a wildlife corridor is concerned, do you really want more coyotes coming into town?

An yet you complain the area isn't urban enough. What do you expect when so much land is at a municipalities' most major crossroad is rendered untouchable for development?

There's a glut of stormwater ponds in the area already. You environmentalists are impossible to satisfy. And as far as being a wildlife corridor is concerned, do you really want more coyotes coming into town?

An yet you complain the area isn't urban enough. What do you expect when so much land is at a municipalities' most major crossroad is rendered untouchable for development?

You're trolling.

I'm quite pro-development, and have no issue w/the height here, all I want is a more meaningful setback from the creek.

I'd be quite content to see condos lining the major roads here.

Put towers all over this block: That's 15 or so acres worth right opposite. (just set it back 30M from stable top of bank).

1623273416614.png

But setback from natural spaces.

My preferences are founded in science and math.............the TRCA guidelines for greenfield areas require 30M from stable top of bank, once you reach the Oak Ridges Moraine.

This was all greenfield with no shortage of space. Easily achieved.

PS, I love Coyotes, and more in town seems just fine.

Last edited:
You're trolling.

I'm quite pro-development, and have no issue w/the height here, all I want is a more meaningful setback from the creek.

I'm be quite content to see condos lining the major roads here.

But setback from natural spaces.

My preferences are founded in science and math..............from whence do you get yours?

PS, I love Coyotes, and more in town seems just fine.

No I'm not trolling; I just have different ideological opinion than yours and you hate that.

And while YOU may like coyotes in your streets and parks, almost nobody else does.

No I'm not trolling; I just have different ideological opinion than yours and you hate that.

And while YOU may like coyotes in your streets and parks, almost nobody else does.

I follow science and evidence and established best practice.

PS.....the word conservative......is the same root as 'conservation'.

I don't see any particular ideology in the partisan political or left-right sense being at issue here.

Only science, and good urban planning.

As you have no presented evidence in favour of your views, I see no reason to entertain this discussion further.

Back