News   May 17, 2024
 832     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 414     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 723     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Drove past Eglinton and Vic Park (O'Connor Stop) earlier today and noticed the "Next LRT Coming in X Mins" electric sign being installed. Was not able to take a picture but was pretty cool seeing the stop (hopefully) almost complete.
Photos please! Wow!

^Had to drive across town for the first time in months yesterday. Eglinton west of Yonge seemed pretty much the same as it has been for the last 5+ years. Some station structures were visible but plenty of big holes remaining.
Most encouraging was how many of the big holes had concrete trucks pumping/pouring into them.... once the pouring starts, you know progress is being made.
A few new curbs have been poured here and there, but the cleanup of the street has barely begun.

- Paul

View attachment 309511View attachment 309512

New "next arrival" boards installed at Sloane and Victoria Park. These pictures are both from the Sloane stop, couldn't get the ones at VP.
Looks like they will be dot matrix not lcd :/
I wish Metrolinx has just let the TTC do the signage for this line. As it stands, it doesn't match with Metrolinx's published standards, nor with the rest of the TTC. Just a total mess on all fronts.
The person wasn't a consultant they were a wayfinding expert they hired. Then they also got a random group of people from Toronto and outside of the city along with local counsellors to all give the opinion on what symbolys the liked better. It still sounds just as dumb especially when they open up two new projects both the Ubnew Union station bus terminal and the new Kipling station terminal and use none of the wayfinding that they announced. So far all we have seen of it has been their stupid T logo on the crosstown that they are now using on Go bus stops but want everyone else to adopt it too.
These projects started years ago, hence they don't have the latest signage?

I post photos of construction at the following stations as they are within a short biking distance of where I live:
  • Caledonia station (rarely)
  • Fairbank station
  • Oakwood station
  • Cedarvale station
  • Forest Hill station
  • Chaplin station (very rarely)
I take photos of one to three stations almost every day and they are in no particular order, though I will not take a photo of the same station in consecutive days (as there won't be enough of a change to justify doing so).

LCD screens have more potential for advertisement or broadcasting messages.

LED signs will be easier to maintain though and easier to read from a distance.
Also LED is easier to see under most lighting conditions whereas LCD can be hard to see if the sun is right on it. LED screens are the ones used by the TTC on buses and, streetcars and all of the signs on the subways along with the ones they are installing at bus and streetcar stops.

I know I gave Metrolinx a lot of flak some pages back about the ‘T’ symbol, lack of operator signage, and whether this was solving a real need.

Whatever.

But, they should at least stick to their own guidelines. I can’t accept that the project was so far along that they couldn’t change the signage on stations following the report.

Back