Toronto 31R Parliament Street | 165.8m | 49s | Cityscape | SHoP

After seeing some of the renderings of this building and the neighbouring buildings. I noticed they're no balconies that my eyes can detect . Which seems to be a welcome change in my opinion. practically every new condo in the downtown core has freakin balconies added to it. which may sometimes ruin the look of the building.

Reactions: xy3
Yes with all the development news, I'm a bit suprised this has gone silent. I really like elements of this design, especially the “Kettle Building” and the "Ribbon" building which seems like a great idea to buffer the neighbourhood from the Gardiner and the rail berm. Hope we hear something.

$1M to the First Parliament project that's now being used as a Ontario Line station? ha

$1M to the First Parliament project that's now being used as a Ontario Line station? ha
The City are still planning (hoping) that the site will be returned to them after the station is built (and the station will certainly not occupy all- or even most - of the site. Heritage work on the site will cost $$ and this is how that kind of thing is funded. If the $$ cannot be spent as allocated (i.e. the City no longer owns the site) the $$ will be reallocated to one of the many other neighbourhood priorities. I understand that the work on the Master Plan may soon be recommenced, there was supposed to be a public meeting to see 'final draft' at end of January - it was cancelled when the Province dropped the expropriation bomb! The Council minutes go on to say:

ii. in the event the cash contribution identified in Part 1.g.i. above has not been used for the intended purpose within three (3) years after the issuance of the first above-grade building permit for all or any part of the site, the cash contribution may be redirected for another purpose or purposes, at the discretion of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning, in consultation with the Ward Councillor, provided that the purpose or purposes are identified in the Official Plan and will benefit the community in the vicinity of the site;

The City are still planning (hoping) that the site will be returned to them after the station is built (and the station will certainly not occupy all- or even most - of the site. Heritage work on the site will cost $$ and this is how that kind of thing is funded. If the $$ cannot be spent as allocated (i.e. the City no longer owns the site) the $$ will be reallocated to one of the many other neighbourhood priorities. I understand that the work on the Master Plan may soon be recommenced, there was supposed to be a public meeting to see 'final draft' at end of January - it was cancelled when the Province dropped the expropriation bomb! The Council minutes go on to say:

ii. in the event the cash contribution identified in Part 1.g.i. above has not been used for the intended purpose within three (3) years after the issuance of the first above-grade building permit for all or any part of the site, the cash contribution may be redirected for another purpose or purposes, at the discretion of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning, in consultation with the Ward Councillor, provided that the purpose or purposes are identified in the Official Plan and will benefit the community in the vicinity of the site;
Plus Metrolinx backed down on expropriating the site (for now anyway) a couple weeks ago. So hopefully we get some sort of integrated project between the city and metrolinx.

I hope you are right but not sure ML backed down or only said 'not yet'
I saw it on KWT's Twitter, but yeah, who knows with Metrolinx.
1614793009041.png

Back