31R Parliament Street | 165.8m | 49s | Cityscape | SHoP

daniel_kryz

Member Bio
Reaction score
The retail section looks like a sheet of generic curtainwall now :(

I liked the finer detailing, diamond mullions etc in the older rendering.
This might actually be an old rendering.
The presentation includes a pic of the first design of Block 10 Indigenous Hub, so this might not be the current design after all :)

Last edited:

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
This might actually be an old rendering.
The presentation includes a pic of the first design of Block 10 Indigenous Hub, so this might not be the current design after all :)
I was going to say. Unless they found the budget for a canted tower again... /crosses fingers

TCB89

Member Bio
Reaction score
Stumbled on this article providing some insight around the delays on this project - Metrolinx and COVID. Looks like College Boreal still plans to occupy the ribbon building, but will be taking over the Case Goods Warehouse in the interim (the current Artscape space).

daniel_kryz

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this building. Pretty interesting that the Building Transit Faster Act, giving Metrolinx control over developments within the vicinity of its projects, delayed this project.

jsmith77

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm glad to see someone acknowledging the Ontario Line runs through the property, surprised it's not the actual condo admitting it. Wonder what they're telling prospective buyers.

Also, the College post seems to say that the ribbon building will have "direct access" to the Ontario Line. That sounds like a station. They're not actually doing that, right?

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm glad to see someone acknowledging the Ontario Line runs through the property, surprised it's not the actual condo admitting it. Wonder what they're telling prospective buyers.

Also, the College post seems to say that the ribbon building will have "direct access" to the Ontario Line. That sounds like a station. They're not actually doing that, right?
Right. That's a specious claim.

jsmith77

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know metrolinx is doing exploratory stuff in the parking lot. But is it too early to see engineering drawings on how the Ontario line is getting from the raised rail line to 20,000 leagues below? I’m curious as to how much space they need for that, where in the ground it will actually go under and how much additional space they would need. It’s going to be awful tight on the ribbon building from the looks of it. Im also wondering if the developers might ask for more height there, just to block any excess noise or visual distraction from the Distillery.

46C28A09-C1C0-44EC-95C1-EDD8D36B27DE.jpeg

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I know metrolinx is doing exploratory stuff in the parking lot. But is it too early to see engineering drawings on how the Ontario line is getting from the raised rail line to 20,000 leagues below? I’m curious as to how much space they need for that, where in the ground it will actually go under and how much additional space they would need. It’s going to be awful tight on the ribbon building from the looks of it. Im also wondering if the developers might ask for more height there, just to block any excess noise or visual distraction from the Distillery.

View attachment 387956
Take a look at Steve Munroe site, he has a good analysis of OL studies.