News   Apr 17, 2024
 647     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 307     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Not really a fantasy but made this while learning to use inkscape cause I saw people asking for this map earlier on this thread. It's pretty rough since it's my first time using the program but I think it turned out all right. I'd love any feedback though mind you it is still a wip as I'll be adding the Finch West LRT, Scarborough Subway extension, Ontario line, Yonge Subway extension and maybe some new streetcar routes namely waterfront east and west. Some of the station spacing on Eglinton might be weird because I'm anticipating more lines so
🤷
View attachment 294148
(also can I just say how ugly a fully accessible line looks on this map like sheppard was tolerable cus it's short but my god visually it's not too easy on the eyes)
That almost looks official, looks really good.

This should be a reality map right now, but I digress.
I do wonder how the map will change when the Finch West LRT opens. In my multiple attempts to make maps with it I can't get it right using the current design. The Finch West line really throws the entire scale out of whack mostly due to the number of stops on the short line and their proximity to eachother. So you either end up with the ridiculously long BD with huge spaces between the stops or you get a lot of the Finch West stops crunched together. That's a problem for TTC's map maker to figure out but I wonder how they will figure out the issue.

I do wonder how the map will change when the Finch West LRT opens. In my multiple attempts to make maps with it I can't get it right using the current design. The Finch West line really throws the entire scale out of whack mostly due to the number of stops on the short line and their proximity to eachother. So you either end up with the ridiculously long BD with huge spaces between the stops or you get a lot of the Finch West stops crunched together. That's a problem for TTC's map maker to figure out but I wonder how they will figure out the issue.
I’ve just started on that and yea it looks a little weird but its not that bad the actual map just might need to be shrunken down on the poster a bit

I think before that you will see instead a symbol showing that a station is not accessible.

It will be a long time until some stations are accessible, like Rosedale.
It won't, AODA requires TTC to have every station accessible by 2025. Rosedale is scheduled to be completed by 2024. Warden and Islington are scheduled to be the last stations to be completed in 2025 (due to their crappy bus terminal designs that would require a rebuild)

I finished this sooner than I expected but here is the Subway and streetcar map bu 2023 if everything goes according to schedule. Additions to the network include the Finch West Lrt, and accessibility at many stations. I'll post the next few versions together and some of the changes will include making all stations except those on line 3 accessible, the removal of line 3, the Scarborough and Yonge subway extensions, Ontario Line, and the waterfront East and West LRTs. Also do you think the airport express will be changed to revised to start at Humber college or mount Dennis, or maybe there could be a second airport express?

Subway and Streetcar Map 2023 small.png

Here's a revised version of the 2022 map that fixes some errors and adds accessibility to the stations that will have been made accessible by then.
SubwayStreetcarMap 2022 small.png

I finished this sooner than I expected but here is the Subway and streetcar map bu 2023 if everything goes according to schedule. Additions to the network include the Finch West Lrt, and accessibility at many stations. I'll post the next few versions together and some of the changes will include making all stations except those on line 3 accessible, the removal of line 3, the Scarborough and Yonge subway extensions, Ontario Line, and the waterfront East and West LRTs. Also do you think the airport express will be changed to revised to start at Humber college or mount Dennis, or maybe there could be a second airport express?

View attachment 294261
Here's a revised version of the 2022 map that fixes some errors and adds accessibility to the stations that will have been made accessible by then.
View attachment 294263
These are really great! I have to wonder if it'll even be useful to show every station stop on Line 6. There are so many stops, and only the terminal stations connect to other services. It makes me think, why do we have so much information for Line 6 while we have next to no information for the St Clair ROW.

These are really great! I have to wonder if it'll even be useful to show every station stop on Line 6. There are so many stops, and only the terminal stations connect to other services. It makes me think, why do we have so much information for Line 6 while we have next to no information for the St Clair ROW.
Thats a really good point actually. Though unless they start using different rolling stock along st clair imagine they will do something like this as to keep the branding coherent. If I’m not mistaken you have to tap your presto to get onto the finch west stop platforms also to distinguish it from streetcar service as well.

View attachment 294261
View attachment 294263
Great maps; terrific job!

One thing: Birchmount stop is missing on Line 5.

This is my first serious transit fantasy map I've ever made - it's an alternate universe design for the Eglinton Crosstown Line. In this design, light metro is used and the line also replaces the SSE. I believe in the overall transit plan for Toronto, implementing this plan would have been cheaper, faster and just better than the current Crosstown LRT + Crosstown LRT West and Scarborough Line 2 extension. I'm not at all a transit expert, but some of you are, so do point out errors/places of improvement. I also made infographics to go with the map, I hope that's allowed? It explains everything behind my ideas for this line in a nicer format than me typing out long paragraphs :D

Eglinton1_stops1.png

Crosstown Infographic Final.png

Last edited:
This is my first serious transit fantasy map I've ever made - it's an alternate universe design for the Eglinton Crosstown Line. In this design, light metro is used and the line also replaces the SSE. I believe in the overall transit plan for Toronto, implementing this plan would have been cheaper, faster and just better than the current Crosstown LRT + Crosstown LRT West and Scarborough Line 2 extension. I'm not at all a transit expert, but some of you are, so do point out errors/places of improvement. I also made infographics to go with the map, I hope that's allowed? It explains everything behind my ideas for this line in a nicer format than me typing out long paragraphs :D
damn this is really well made and well thought out great job!

No Leslie stop, you rebel ;)
very neat work!
yea, I don't think it was worth putting an underground station in a spot where not a lot of people live nor any important transit connections exist :p Seemed like a low ridership station. Had to make some cuts to keep the line at zoomzoom speed

Back