News   Jul 09, 2024
 611     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 566     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Section south of Bloor would be the hardest. There is no apparent surface path, while a tunnel would probably hit a high-pressure aquifer that exists under High Park.
I'm ever more inclined to think that Jane would be better off trimmed to north of Eglinton, actually terminating at Mount Dennis (though I'd tend to advise not going through through routing onto Eglinton) and meeting an Ontario Line extension via the Stock Yards there.

I'm ever more inclined to think that Jane would be better off trimmed to north of Eglinton, actually terminating at Mount Dennis (though I'd tend to advise not going through through routing onto Eglinton) and meeting an Ontario Line extension via the Stock Yards there.

The irony of this being that we're all desperately avoiding any tunneling on a busy corridor like Jane while the government is happily willing to blow billions needlessly tunneling Eglinton West.

The irony of this being that we're all desperately avoiding any tunneling on a busy corridor like Jane while the government is happily willing to blow billions needlessly tunneling Eglinton West.
It shouldn't be tunneled on Eglinton West (shouldn't be on-street either). Eglinton however, is a much more important transportation corridor than Jane.

It's not really avoiding tunneling though, just introducing a modal split at (roughly) where the need for it ends. And doing it in a way that improves overall connectivity.

I really don't think we should be putting all out eggs into the railway corridor basket. A Jane route that continues south to Bloor, or at the very least to St Clair, will also allow for a better connection between north and west. It's also not a good idea to plan near future routes based on connecting to potential far future routes. I think the Ontario Line should be extended westwards over the Humber River instead.

I was wondering how long it would take for my channel to eventually end up on here. And just as a bit of proof, my next video will be about the Scarborough Expressway and I finished the script last night (its 18 pages). The video should hopefully be up this week sometime. I also found out there was brief talk about using the Expressway corridor for an LRT line from Queen Street to STC. I won't discuss that in the video although i will be doing an addendum video to it that will look at the LRT proposal in a bit more depth.

Wow, surprised I didn't find your stuff before. Really well done.
Well it is a new channel so I am still having to fight the algorithm and unfortunately "edutainment" videos like what I produce don't tend to do well since YouTube's algorithm hates videos that are longer then 10 minutes apparently. Hoping one day I can reach a similar audience as channels like Geoff Marshall and CityBeautiful which are the 2 channels that pretty much inspired me to do this.

I was wondering how long it would take for my channel to eventually end up on here. And just as a bit of proof, my next video will be about the Scarborough Expressway and I finished the script last night (its 18 pages). The video should hopefully be up this week sometime. I also found out there was brief talk about using the Expressway corridor for an LRT line from Queen Street to STC. I won't discuss that in the video although i will be doing an addendum video to it that will look at the LRT proposal in a bit more depth.
Would love to see a video like this about the GO-ALRT project!

Oh, that's you? Great work! Your videos are quite informative!

If the RT technology was a flop for Scarborough, then they should have at least gone back to the streetcar plan for Etobicoke.

I dunno. A common refrain is that ICTS was garbagio, and we totally should've built the original awesome LRT. But seems people gloss over the glaring flaw with the TTC's LRT plans. And that's the vehicle: low-platform, high-floor CLRVs. The entire line, whether SRT or ERT, would've been inaccessible to anyone with a wheelchair, and cumbersome to those with strollers or crutches etc. This is obviously remedied by a switch to low-floor vehicles. But that likely would've been three decades post-build, as it was with the legacy system.

So imo if RT was a flop for Scarborough, it still should've been built for Etobicoke regardless. Evens things out politically, and incentivizes further investment to make it less of a flop.

Well it is a new channel so I am still having to fight the algorithm and unfortunately "edutainment" videos like what I produce don't tend to do well since YouTube's algorithm hates videos that are longer then 10 minutes apparently. Hoping one day I can reach a similar audience as channels like Geoff Marshall and CityBeautiful which are the 2 channels that pretty much inspired me to do this.
giving you a sub... as well as geoff marshall and city beautiful. nice work!

Back