News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Because slavery was a feature of colonial empires (and feudal societies).. There was not much in Canada and it was abolished very early but there certainly was some¿
Residents of what would become Canada are known to have owned slaves, but AIUI those slaves were themselves not located in what we know today as Canada. It was common for wealthy and powerful people in the British Empire to own a plantation in the future US territory that employed slavery, for example, your reference to Peter Russell above concerns his ownership of a 462-acre tobacco plantation in Virginia.

I imagine many influential and powerful people in what we call Canada today also owned or profited from slavery outside the Canadian territory. Often these were run by agents who ran the plantations for owners or shareholders. Think of the wealthy Canadian sugar families, much of that “white gold” was harvested by slaves. No one should think Canada wasn’t part of the slave economy, it was a British Empire thing everywhere.

So, let’s circle back, did Canada ever have African-descent slaves? Certainly not after Canada was founded in 1867, and I’m not certain before.

Last edited:
So, let’s circle back, did Canada ever have African-descent slaves? Certainly not after Canada was founded in 1867, and I’m not certain before.
You are certainly correct that there was no slavery in Canada after 1867 and I assume none after the 1793 Act I noted above. Its title certainly makes me think that there were slaves here at that time. " An Act to prevent the further introduction of Slaves, and to limit the Term of contracts for Servitude within this Province." See: https://bnald.lib.unb.ca/legislatio...ves-and-limit-term-contracts-servitude-within " Wikipedia also has useful info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Canada

Oh, Trump's supporters aren't going to like this....

Supreme Court affirms abortion protections, strikes down a Louisiana abortion law similar to a Texas law

And many will wonder why they're supporting Trump, since their deal with the devil was justified on getting pro-life decisions out of the SCOTUS.

Trump's Pro-Life*

*Some conditions apply about whether your life matters. Exceptions include but are not limited to: Most Immigrants, Refugees, Unarmed African-Americans, People in need of Affordable Healthcare, Students in Schools, minimum wage essential workers, healthcare workers, Residents of Disadvantaged Neighbourhoods, Peaceful Protesters, Asylum Seekers, and most minorities.

Trump's Pro-Life*

*Some conditions apply about whether your life matters. Exceptions include but are not limited to: Most Immigrants, Refugees, Unarmed African-Americans, People in need of Affordable Healthcare, Students in Schools, minimum wage essential workers, healthcare workers, Residents of Disadvantaged Neighbourhoods, Peaceful Protesters, Asylum Seekers, and most minorities.
...and those about to die of COVID-19

Last edited:
Back to 45:

But his most vicious attacks, said the sources, were aimed at women heads of state. In conversations with both May and Merkel, the President demeaned and denigrated them in diatribes described as "near-sadistic" by one of the sources and confirmed by others. "Some of the things he said to Angela Merkel are just unbelievable: he called her 'stupid,' and accused her of being in the pocket of the Russians ... He's toughest [in the phone calls] with those he looks at as weaklings and weakest with the ones he ought to be tough with."

Surprised? Nope.

AoD

Lets be 100% clear that there are many thoughtful and progressive Americans.

That's my preface for this............

1593542602647.png

Back