News   Apr 19, 2024
 43     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 519     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Woodbine Centre

EB Games/Gamestop was already moved and expanded upon. 20 years ago, EB Games had a smaller shop next to Hakim optical and a (now-closed) Cinnabon kiosk.

Wishfully thinking here, if any of you could choose a name brand grocery store to set up shop in Woodbine, what would you choose?
Giant tiger, seasons supermarket.

woodbine mall really needs 3 major things

.A food supermarket
.A actual drug store
.A dine-in restaurant.

These 3 things are what can save Woodbine mall's life.

EB Games/Gamestop was already moved and expanded upon. 20 years ago, EB Games had a smaller shop next to Hakim optical and a (now-closed) Cinnabon kiosk.

Wishfully thinking here, if any of you could choose a name brand grocery store to set up shop in Woodbine, what would you choose?

The area wouldn't be a bad fit for a Nations. The Jackson Square location in Hamilton is helping resuscitate a half-dead downtown mall.

Maggiano's HAD SO MUCH PROMISE! what is Woodbine mall & the Woodbine mall's (Current) owner DOING!?

20180906_152205.jpg

A Nations would be ideal. I recently visited the Nations location in the Stockyards and was blown away by how big the place was.
Buffet with rows of food, a chinese supermarket, and even a miniature Fantasy Fair/Arcade of its own.

A lot of name brand supermarkets have already been switched out in the area with a similar concept. Price Choppers on Albion was
replaced by a Sunny's Food Mart (a step up, in my opinion), Food Basics on Martin Grove & John Garland became a Bestco and
I wouldn't be surprised if the closed down No Frills near Albion and Islington followed suit.

With Abacus and Shanghai restaurants long gone, the only competition in the area is Mandarin (across the street) and Golden Star
Restaurant (Hwy 27 and Westmore dr. - which I highly recommend).

A Nations would be ideal. I recently visited the Nations location in the Stockyards and was blown away by how big the place was.
Buffet with rows of food, a chinese supermarket, and even a miniature Fantasy Fair/Arcade of its own.

A lot of name brand supermarkets have already been switched out in the area with a similar concept. Price Choppers on Albion was
replaced by a Sunny's Food Mart (a step up, in my opinion), Food Basics on Martin Grove & John Garland became a Bestco and
I wouldn't be surprised if the closed down No Frills near Albion and Islington followed suit.

With Abacus and Shanghai restaurants long gone, the only competition in the area is Mandarin (across the street) and Golden Star
Restaurant (Hwy 27 and Westmore dr. - which I highly recommend).
That is true somebody needs to tell the owner for Woodbine mall that.

Isn't half of the upper level of Zellers already being converted into Medical offices?

The upper and lower portions of Hudsons' Bay or Sears would be my preference for a supermarket. Nations in the Stock Yards Village or Skyland in Scarborough
have already taken up more than one retail space (Skyland bought out an urban clothing store and then the Winners next door in the same strip mall before
expanding).

Taking over the liquidations at Hudsons or Sears would be more visible when driving along Highway 27; giving Fortinos a good look at their newest competition.

Isn't half of the upper level of Zellers already being converted into Medical offices?

The upper and lower portions of Hudsons' Bay or Sears would be my preference for a supermarket. Nations in the Stock Yards Village or Skyland in Scarborough
have already taken up more than one retail space (Skyland bought out an urban clothing store and then the Winners next door in the same strip mall before
expanding).

Taking over the liquidations at Hudsons or Sears would be more visible when driving along Highway 27; giving Fortinos a good look at their newest competition.
Woodbine mall is too cheap to do that!

expanding).

The Nations at the Stockyards took over an old Target store. Now that being said, I think that it would be a great idea to put Nations there, my perference is to put in the Sears space that the cheap owners are using to sell liquidation junk currently.

can anyone in this thread, find out if possible if Woodbine is going to have a supermarket there.

For those of you wishing to go to Woodbine Centre, here's a video tour of the Woodbine Centre from August of 2019:

DVD bonus features include Woodbine rumours in the video's description section.

Back