News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 823     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     0 

Woodbine Centre

Unless Loblaws was taking up Hudson's Bay or Sears, I don't think there would be room inside the mall.

It's been months since I stepped foot in the mall, but from what I gathered, the upper portion of Zellers was being divided into medical officers (from the parking lot)
and an ethnic supermarket near the food court.

It would be nice to have another supermarket to compete with Fortinos' prices from across the street.

i think all those future development posters (condos hotels , grocery stores etc...) inside woodbine mall , is all fake hype created by the owners to jack up the lease rates from tenants and free marketing to drive up more traffic to the mall , they never post any actual proof or file for any permits ???

Funny enough, rumour has it that a lot of stores left when Woodbine changed hands and the new owner demanded two+ months rent in advance.

There's actually more to do from across the street along Queen's Plate. You got a superior liquidation outlet, Mandarin, Subway restaurant, Winners,
Staples, Fortinos, LCBO and a System Fitness among other finds. Basically, a lot of the stores Woodbine could use.

At this point, Woodbine racetrack should just buy out Woodbine mall and turn it into a massive parking garage. But keep the carousel inside. Carousels
are cool.

Last edited:
is this true that Loblaws wholesale club will be opening at where the old Zellers use to be at woodbine mall
where did hear this di dyou see sign paoted i have been to mall and soem work ahs been doen to thold zellers space on upper level and some work has been done to bottom floor of old zellers but has been left abandon to me there is a store currentley upstars in portiopn of old zellers popyess and oen other fast food restaurant has open up some of old zellers space and and shope alot ahs open up in a portion of old basetment of zellers and shop alot has open up in a porion of old sears store i think it might be the up stairs or the basemnt and home store ahs movein to a portof of the basement or up stairs of old sears space above the shop a lot
I don't think it came yet

Funny enough, rumour has it that a lot of stores left when Woodbine changed hands and the new owner demanded two+ months rent in advance.

There's actually more to do from across the street along Queen's Plate. You got a superior liquidation outlet, Mandarin, Subway restaurant, Winners,
Staples, Fortinos, LCBO and a System Fitness among other finds. Basically, a lot of the stores Woodbine could use.

At this point, Woodbine racetrack should just buy out Woodbine mall and turn it into a massive parking garage. But keep the carousel inside. Carousels
are cool.
whats going on with Woodbine mall, any updates with the expansion

This is what woodbine mall promised the shoppers, why is the promised not being filled!

IMG_1365.jpg

This is what woodbine mall promised the shoppers, why is the promised not being filled!

View attachment 247501
fake news by the owners lol... they should only be postings this when they have submitted permits for approvals by the city , or else it's just fantasy , might as well just post a photo of new hockey arena for 2nd Toronto NHL team ??

fake news by the owners lol... they should only be postings this when they have submitted permits for approvals by the city , or else its just fantasy , might as well just post a photo of new hockey arena for 2nd Toronto NHL team ??
Lol there were 2 or 3 different renderings of that scene , some with some impossible looking buildings.

You know what that's it, here is what woodbine mall needs to do for success

1) Renovated/add more washrooms to the mall
2) Inside the mall needs to be painted white, which includes the drywall
3) Lower the rent & get rid of that "congo bongo" BS and put shoppers drug mart/Rexall in that area, TRUST ME it will make a different
4) replace the floor tiles in the fantasy fair, with grey or white floor tiles, it would make the place look up to date
5) Renovate Footlocker, Hudson's Bay, Burger King, KFC, movie theater, Expand EB games, update the elevator
6) drywall ceiling needs to be replaced besides the wallpaper ones near the food court and entrance to footlocker area.
7) the brown rails that separate the floor, needs to be painted gray or replace them with glass, for a modern look.
8) the escalators need to be replaced or cleaned up.
9) the seating in the food court needs to match the mall's theme
10) Maggino's needs to open up or replace the restaurant with something else, like "east side Marios" for example.
11) The expansion should just get canceled, and just improve on what woodbine mall has already
12) A Food market needs to be there, woodbine is the only mall I know that doesn't have a food store beside yorkdale and Sherway gardens.

these are some of the ideas that Woodbine mall needs to have.

You know what that's it, here is what woodbine mall needs to do for success

1) Renovated/add more washrooms to the mall
2) Inside the mall needs to be painted white, which includes the drywall
3) Lower the rent & get rid of that "congo bongo" BS and put shoppers drug mart/Rexall in that area, TRUST ME it will make a different
4) replace the floor tiles in the fantasy fair, with grey or white floor tiles, it would make the place look up to date
5) Renovate Footlocker, Hudson's Bay, Burger King, KFC, movie theater, Expand EB games, update the elevator
6) drywall ceiling needs to be replaced besides the wallpaper ones near the food court and entrance to footlocker area.
7) the brown rails that separate the floor, needs to be painted gray or replace them with glass, for a modern look.
8) the escalators need to be replaced or cleaned up.
9) the seating in the food court needs to match the mall's theme
10) Maggino's needs to open up or replace the restaurant with something else, like "east side Marios" for example.
11) The expansion should just get canceled, and just improve on what woodbine mall has already
12) A Food market needs to be there, woodbine is the only mall I know that doesn't have a food store beside yorkdale and Sherway gardens.

these are some of the ideas that Woodbine mall needs to have.
COVID-19 will force some of those plans to be scrapped.

EB Games/Gamestop was already moved and expanded upon. 20 years ago, EB Games had a smaller shop next to Hakim optical and a (now-closed) Cinnabon kiosk.

Wishfully thinking here, if any of you could choose a name brand grocery store to set up shop in Woodbine, what would you choose?

Back