News   Mar 28, 2024
 113     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 282     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 648     0 

Woodbine Centre

guys, I have a question, if woodbine mall had a different owner, and wanted to renovate the mall again, which style/company would you like the renovations to have.

- Any investor or company that can convince name brand stores to put their faith back into Woodbine again.
We've been through a lot, Woodbine. But, it's time for us to see other people. Other people with names that make
great anchors again.

- Remove the liquidation outlets.
We get it. You own liquidations. A lot of them. The problem is, Clearance Warehouse (across the street) and Dr.
Flea's (down the road) have always offered better outdated products. One shop is more than enough to hock
your liquidated goodies from 1996. Until, well, something better can replace it.

- Repair or remove the damaged animatronic creatures scattered throughout the mall.
Animated dinos and other prehistoric animals are a nice fit in the Fantasy Fair. Just not the rest of the mall.
Seeing the expensive exhibits with ripped out claws and missing fangs (kids will be kids) is a sad sight
that makes me forget I'm in a Jumangi sequel... and instead walking around a dying mall.

- Renovate the filthy food court washrooms.
I can't tell you how many times I've paid for movie tickets in advance just to use the cinema washrooms downstairs as
an alternative. Yeah, that's how dirty the food court washrooms are.

It also doesn't help that the washrooms look like they were last renovated when glam rock ruled the airwaves.

- Modernize the food court.
Mismatched tables and chairs huddled together doesn't remind me of a food court. No. It reminds me of a Bingo Hall.
Stick to one theme, Woodbine. With more things bolted down and barriers/waist-level walls added, you'll give mall goers a little
more privacy from hungry eyes and screaming children when wolfing down their Whoppers.

- Missing windows and cracked floors look good in a Gothic Castle
...but not a "modern" mall. C'mon, Woodbine.

- Get rid of the toddler cars and mall train.
It might seem cute at first, but fuzzy, animal themed cars controlled by kids themselves is a hallway collision waiting to
happen.

Catching the gaze of a toddler speeding headlong into my direction from behind the wheel of these fuzz-powered death
machines still keeps me up at night.

The train inside the fantasy fair has been a long-standing attraction to the Woodbine Centre for decades. A train that literally
goes inside a cave and through a cross bridge. But, the smaller train that takes trips around the dying Woodbine Mall?
Not needed.

- Any investor or company that can convince name brand stores to put their faith back into Woodbine again.
We've been through a lot, Woodbine. But, it's time for us to see other people. Other people with names that make
great anchors again.

- Remove the liquidation outlets.
We get it. You own liquidations. A lot of them. The problem is, Clearance Warehouse (across the street) and Dr.
Flea's (down the road) have always offered better outdated products. One shop is more than enough to hock
your liquidated goodies from 1996. Until, well, something better can replace it.

- Repair or remove the damaged animatronic creatures scattered throughout the mall.
Animated dinos and other prehistoric animals are a nice fit in the Fantasy Fair. Just not the rest of the mall.
Seeing the expensive exhibits with ripped out claws and missing fangs (kids will be kids) is a sad sight
that makes me forget I'm in a Jumangi sequel... and instead walking around a dying mall.

- Renovate the filthy food court washrooms.
I can't tell you how many times I've paid for movie tickets in advance just to use the cinema washrooms downstairs as
an alternative. Yeah, that's how dirty the food court washrooms are.

It also doesn't help that the washrooms look like they were last renovated when glam rock ruled the airwaves.

- Modernize the food court.
Mismatched tables and chairs huddled together doesn't remind me of a food court. No. It reminds me of a Bingo Hall.
Stick to one theme, Woodbine. With more things bolted down and barriers/waist-level walls added, you'll give mall goers a little
more privacy from hungry eyes and screaming children when wolfing down their Whoppers.

- Missing windows and cracked floors look good in a Gothic Castle
...but not a "modern" mall. C'mon, Woodbine.

- Get rid of the toddler cars and mall train.
It might seem cute at first, but fuzzy, animal themed cars controlled by kids themselves is a hallway collision waiting to
happen.

Catching the gaze of a toddler speeding headlong into my direction from behind the wheel of these fuzz-powered death
machines still keeps me up at night.

The train inside the fantasy fair has been a long-standing attraction to the Woodbine Centre for decades. A train that literally
goes inside a cave and through a cross bridge. But, the smaller train that takes trips around the dying Woodbine Mall?
Not needed.
this is what i mean, Westwood square mall, renovated their washrooms, and look how old that mall is.

As big of a Wrestling fan as I am, I never even knew Woodbine paid for an independent Cosplay wrestling show:

Part 1 features a match between a guy dressed as Guile (Street Fighter) VS a guy dressed as a blue Power Ranger:

Part 2 keeps the video game theme going with a match between Ken (Street Fighter) VS Scorpion (Mortal Kombat):

And Part 3 features a match between Harley Quinn (Batman) against someone I'm not sure of:

Would you guys like the Woodbine Centre to invest in more attractions like these or use the money for better stores/renovations?

Last edited:
As big of a Wrestling fan as I am, I never even knew Woodbine paid for an independent Cosplay wrestling show:

Part 1 features a match between a guy dressed as Guile (Street Fighter) VS a guy dressed as a blue Power Ranger:

Part 2 keeps the video game theme going with a match between Ken (Street Fighter) VS Scorpion (Mortal Kombat):

And Part 3 features a match between Harley Quinn (Batman) against someone I'm not sure of:

Would you guys like the Woodbine Centre to invest in more attractions like these or use the money for better stores/renovations?

Shit, that's kinda awesome, though it'd be better if they were actual fighters actually mashing each other. Almost enough to get me up there....and I don't like going north of Queen. ;)

Shit, that's kinda awesome, though it'd be better if they were actual fighters actually mashing each other. Almost enough to get me up there....and I don't like going north of Queen. ;)

The Rockpile West (on Dundas near Kipling Station) - a music venue - hosted a few Wrestling events, too. One of which featured a training seminar with Ultimo Dragon.
Don't know if Rockpile still puts on these events.

Dr. Flea's Flea Market has also had a few WWF legends stop in for Autograph signings over the years. Bret Hart, Demolition, Jimmy Hart.

EVERYONE, IM GOING TO GO ON A RANT IN 3....2....1.... GO

I'm disgusted with woodbine mall, it's sad just sad, I don't know what to say I went their yesterday.

#1 what they did to Zellers upper level is just mindblowing (in a bad way) like why, just why. Another warehouse store, COME ON! what happened to the food supermarket that was suppose to come there, is the owner that bad at finding a no-frills, or oceans, or seasons, or even giant tiger, and yet you put a warehouse shop, No not even Westwood square mall did that crap!

#2 The washrooms in the food court didn't renovate that much, the stalls in the men's washroom DIDN'T HAVE DIVIDERS, TO DIVIDE PEOPLE WHEN STANDING UP AND USING THE WASHROOMS! that's just nasty, also the black vents in the ceiling area are dusty AF and have not been cleaned! LIKE WHY! people are coming to the food court and eating and they are going to inhale the dust, and the dust could drop on the food. And Burger King & KFC & Thai Express & New York Fries & Real Fruit Bubble Tea didn't get a renovation yet! why is it even going to happen or not!

#3 POOR MAGGINOS: what the snickers is going on with that place, it has a building permit I can see it there, and yet it's not opening. MAGGINO's could pf saved woodbine mall, but nooooooooo woodbine mall needs to be a low-end mall, even tho it wasn't many years ago.

#4 THE PLAN TO EXPAND THE MALL, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN (AND HERES WHY) they promised the shoppers and tenants that (they/the owner) was going to be an expansion to make woodbine a huge attraction: an extra food court, 2 big theatres, a big water park, EB games getting a bigger location in the mall, a dine-in restaurant (POOR MAGGINO's) & more.
look if you/the owner is going to make promises THAT YOU CAN'T KEEP then don't make them, which is woodbine. Since we as the shoppers that go to woodbine know that the expansion AIN'T going to happen, just work with what woodbine mall has already,

#5 (CAN WOODBINE MALL BE SAVED!) Yes if a change happens, the mall needs to be painted white, since white represents (THE NEW) in any building on the inside, the washrooms need a full renovation, including the food court, the mall needs a supermarket, a dine-in restaurant, a renovated movie theatre, and more. That is what could save woodbine mall, and some name-brand stores need to be renovated as well.

That's all, enough said!

With businesses closing down left and right due to the pandemic, I'm surprised Woodbine is still standing.

Frankly, I think having any type of movie theater in Woodbine (or the area in general) is a blessing these days. While Imagine Cinemas does lack
the presentation of Cineplex, the theater does offer affordable ticket prices in comparison - which works well with Woodbine's low budget theme.

Besides Woodbridge's Cineplex, are there any other movie theaters (Albion Mall doesn't count) nearby?

they should convert the site to include 1)grocery store 2) 1 department store , 3)Bank 4)Condos 5)office building , 6) gas station , that's all you need in 2020 , everything else is just junk stores where people waste all their money and most of those items could be ordered online if you really need it

Last edited:
Maggiano's could very well be a hit (when fine dining is safe to resume). The surrounding area has had an Italian demographic for decades.

Anyone remember Galati Bros Supermarket (now a Giant Tiger) and (the still standing) Tre Rose Bakery on Kipling avenue?
Or Valencia Fresh Foods at the nearby Martin Grove Mall?

Did the imagine cinemas permanently close. If you go to their website the woodbine location doesn't show up.

Did the imagine cinemas permanently close. If you go to their website the woodbine location doesn't show up.
good for them, imagine didn't renovate their movie theater and it looks like it's still from 1985.

Back