Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

Rerouting 26 to Kipling is such a mistake. There is value in serving more locations in Etobicoke, and diversion of 26/76 to service Kipling instead of Islington doesn't save riders any time anyways. They need to take over for TTC 50 as well.

Rerouting 26 to Kipling is such a mistake. There is value in serving more locations in Etobicoke, and diversion of 26/76 to service Kipling instead of Islington doesn't save riders any time anyways. They need to take over for TTC 50 as well.
If you're affected by the proposed changes, please drop by the City Centre transit terminal and give them your feedback. There were many reps yesterday who proactively solicited feedback and questions from transit users, including myself (since I only use Miway like once a year, I didn't have any question).

Speaking from a selfish perspective, it's not a mistake at all. I actually can't wait until all those annoying Mississauga buses stop clogging Islington station, causing much frustration for local commuters.

Speaking from a selfish perspective, it's not a mistake at all. I actually can't wait until all those annoying Mississauga buses stop clogging Islington station, causing much frustration for local commuters.

It's just the typical Toronto attitude, trying to isolate itself from the rest of the GTA and be an island onto itself. "Me, me, me!" That's all you people ever think about. I'm sure if Mississauga buses were banned from Toronto completely the congestion in Toronto would be much less. And no doubt the City of Toronto would ban all Mississauga buses if it could. They already tried to ban them from Burnhamthorpe. That's why 76 (formerly 206) takes the longer route to Islington now. It's nothing new.

Islington is quite far into the city for external buses, and the station and local streets were clearly not designed for the extra burden of these people that don't contribute to Toronto infrastructure.

Islington is quite far into the city for external buses, and the station and local streets were clearly not designed for the extra burden of these people that don't contribute to Toronto infrastructure.

More likely to get a seat at Kipling Station than at Islington Station. Also, could use the Milton GO Train as an alternative to get to downtown Toronto, if there is a problem with TTC Line 2.

I'm sorry but a whole 4 km isn't deep into the city. 905 transit agencies not only figured out fare integration but also being able to run buses in each other's roads, it's honestly so ridiculous that Toronto has such a problem with it.

I'm sorry but a whole 4 km isn't deep into the city. 905 transit agencies not only figured out fare integration but also being able to run buses in each other's roads, it's honestly so ridiculous that Toronto has such a problem with it.

Get back to me when you spend 10 minutes on a packed 37 in the morning forced to wait to get into Islington station because of all the idling Mississauga buses blocking the path.

Funny how mod deleted my post. But I will keep calling Toronto out for its irrational fear and isolationism until I am banned. Even one 6.5 minute bus route serving Islington will cause too much for congestion and confusion for the people of Toronto. It's just typical politics of fear and division, no different what we see down south.

Funny how mod deleted my post. But I will keep calling Toronto out for its irrational fear and isolationism until I am banned. Even one 6.5 minute bus route serving Islington will cause too much for congestion and confusion for the people of Toronto. It's just typical politics of fear and division, no different what we see down south.

lmao omg overreaction much

Last edited:
What is even happening in this thread anymore?

Looking at the map of MiWay 26, it looks like it already reaches Kipling Station. It would be better to flip the direction of the eastern loop so Mississauga passengers can be dropped off at Kipling and picked up at Islington, but if Islington Station was completely bypassed then there would not be much coverage lost. I imagine in the future the Six Points will become a destination itself.

Back