News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Ive been wondering about kingston too. I find it strange that nothing at all has come out. But besides the flexities which are trackable, would we actually know if another crosstown or valley line car left? Is someone paying attention to those? In particular the Edmonton ones. The first one was promoted by the company but for all i know they could have sent another one. It may not have made the news. I haven't heard any news about edmonton's vehicles, good or bad.

AFAIK only the prototype Edmonton vehicle has been delivered. It arrived in Edmonton with considerable fanfare last summer. The dynamic testing on the Valley Line won’t happen until all the track is laid, and that won’t happen until later this year. So it may be a little soon for more deliveries, although one would expect Kingston to be fully engaged with the order by about now.
There may have been more deliveries, but I would think they would have been noticed if they were happening already.

- Paul

4532, 4533, and 4534 are all in Toronto awaiting delivery to Hillcrest. Some sort of mechanical issue with the transporters has delayed delivery of the first two.
4535 is loaded and waiting to leave Thunder Bay.
The lack of deliveries from Kingston is curious.

- Paul

When I was walking along Dupont this afternoon, I noticed that CP had a line of auto racks occupying the third track (which would block any deliveries to Hillcrest). Maybe that's causing issues as well.

4532, 4533, and 4534 are all in Toronto awaiting delivery to Hillcrest. Some sort of mechanical issue with the transporters has delayed delivery of the first two.
4535 is loaded and waiting to leave Thunder Bay.
The lack of deliveries from Kingston is curious.

- Paul
It could just be that due to the weird and wacky weather we've had the transporter cars are all backed up and none are in Kingston.

It could just be that due to the weird and wacky weather we've had the transporter cars are all backed up and none are in Kingston.

Quite possible. 4530 and 4531 came in on newly-added transporters which were put in service while all of the others were logjammed. One of the ‘old’ transporters was then interchanged (unloaded) to CN a week ago, destination unknown. Possibly it is headed for Kingston. Another slipped off to La Pocatiere with 4403, and hasn’t returned.

The two transporters that were used for the Kitchener deliveries have disappeared as well, but that’s likely timing - it may be cheaper to set up a new car than pay demurrage (daily rental) on an empty car that isn’t needed quite yet.

- Paul

I've never seen a train on the third track blocking hillcrest this long. Normally they would park it on the closest track to dupont. I wonder if that train had a technical issue of some kind.

Pans up on Charlotte. Both cars arrived with trolley poles from Spadina, but deployed the pantograph while stopped on Charlotte St yesterday.

Last edited:
So Adelaide hasn't had the OCS converted yet, but Charoltte has? Weird.

Or could have just arrived via King Street to go into service on Spadina, and pulled onto Charlotte to put their pantographs up, rather than blocking the north bound Spadina tracks at the King Street stop while raising the pantograph, and bringing down the pole. I am pretty sure I have seen streetcars go around the Adelaide / Charlotte loop with pantographs up when doing a short turn at King Street.....

Or could have just arrived via King Street to go into service on Spadina, and pulled onto Charlotte to put their pantographs up, rather than blocking the north bound Spadina tracks at the King Street stop while raising the pantograph, and bringing down the pole. I am pretty sure I have seen streetcars go around the Adelaide / Charlotte loop with pantographs up when doing a short turn at King Street.....
That’s it. I couldn’t figure out for the life of me why two cars coming from Spadina had poles instead of pantographs. That answer makes sense.

Have seen and been on 510 cars going south and using Charlotte loop since last year. Have seen them go out of service or go back north there as well.

Easy to lower the pan on Charlotte than on Spadina. Even though the sign is posted north of King on Spadina for change over, can see why its done on Charlotte, especially if there is a change over problem that happens from time to time.

Saw 4531 going west out on the Lake Shore while I was going east on a 501L. 4531 did in service testing as a 301 tonight and that this means its days away from entering service

4528 still in the service bay with its GPS all over the place and no idea when we will see it in service.

Someone has seen X car at Lambton and must be there because the auto racks are on the 3rd track where the idler cars have to be store to get a car to the loading bay.

Someone has seen X car at Lambton and must be there because the auto racks are on the 3rd track where the idler cars have to be store to get a car to the loading bay.

Likely 4534 at Lambton. 4535 arrived Agincourt overnight, so we now have four cars here awaiting delivery to Hillcrest, whenever CP can get those auto racks out of the way.

How about that.... the new cars are bunching for the first time, and they aren't even unloaded yet.

- Paul

Back