News   Dec 07, 2021
 277     0 
News   Dec 07, 2021
 488     0 
News   Dec 06, 2021
 3.6K     4 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

TransitBart

Member Bio
Reaction score
Pans up on Charlotte. Both cars arrived with trolley poles from Spadina, but deployed the pantograph while stopped on Charlotte St yesterday.

Last edited:

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
So Adelaide hasn't had the OCS converted yet, but Charoltte has? Weird.

Or could have just arrived via King Street to go into service on Spadina, and pulled onto Charlotte to put their pantographs up, rather than blocking the north bound Spadina tracks at the King Street stop while raising the pantograph, and bringing down the pole. I am pretty sure I have seen streetcars go around the Adelaide / Charlotte loop with pantographs up when doing a short turn at King Street.....

TransitBart

Member Bio
Reaction score
Or could have just arrived via King Street to go into service on Spadina, and pulled onto Charlotte to put their pantographs up, rather than blocking the north bound Spadina tracks at the King Street stop while raising the pantograph, and bringing down the pole. I am pretty sure I have seen streetcars go around the Adelaide / Charlotte loop with pantographs up when doing a short turn at King Street.....
That’s it. I couldn’t figure out for the life of me why two cars coming from Spadina had poles instead of pantographs. That answer makes sense.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Have seen and been on 510 cars going south and using Charlotte loop since last year. Have seen them go out of service or go back north there as well.

Easy to lower the pan on Charlotte than on Spadina. Even though the sign is posted north of King on Spadina for change over, can see why its done on Charlotte, especially if there is a change over problem that happens from time to time.

Saw 4531 going west out on the Lake Shore while I was going east on a 501L. 4531 did in service testing as a 301 tonight and that this means its days away from entering service

4528 still in the service bay with its GPS all over the place and no idea when we will see it in service.

Someone has seen X car at Lambton and must be there because the auto racks are on the 3rd track where the idler cars have to be store to get a car to the loading bay.

crs1026

Member Bio
Reaction score
Someone has seen X car at Lambton and must be there because the auto racks are on the 3rd track where the idler cars have to be store to get a car to the loading bay.

Likely 4534 at Lambton. 4535 arrived Agincourt overnight, so we now have four cars here awaiting delivery to Hillcrest, whenever CP can get those auto racks out of the way.

How about that.... the new cars are bunching for the first time, and they aren't even unloaded yet.

- Paul

Maltesefalcon

Member Bio
Reaction score
If they gave preference to streetcars they would be accused of being "Trainist" and only catering to their own kind. Car lives matter. /s

It's not just a matter of car vs transit. It's a matter of dollar volume and potential. Would you rather have the contract to deliver every streetcar built in Ontario or every automobile?

Squeeky wheel gets the oil in this case I guess.

crs1026

Member Bio
Reaction score
^I’m usually the conspiracy theorist, but in this case - other than the symbollism of streetcars being delayed by an auto-related impediment, I wouldn’t read too much into the current situation. The Toronto terminal is still congested, rested crews are scarce, and there aren’t that many sidings left where cars can be stuffed until they can be handled. CP just needs to get its act together. Nothing anti-streetcar intended in all this.

- Paul

JamesKoole

Member Bio
Reaction score
4528 seems to be out this morning either in service (finally), or perhaps doing an in service test. It's signed as a 504 this morning and at Dufferin Loop when I last checked.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
4528 has enter service on 504 (504Bush) after been here 28 days.

4530 still in the service bay

4531 was out testing last night an in the service bay

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Likely 4534 at Lambton. 4535 arrived Agincourt overnight, so we now have four cars here awaiting delivery to Hillcrest, whenever CP can get those auto racks out of the way.

How about that.... the new cars are bunching for the first time, and they aren't even unloaded yet.

- Paul

Likely having to have their "papers" inspected for the correct "fare".