News   Apr 24, 2024
 382     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 579     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 493     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Although I will admit, I hold very litle sympathy for many of the front-line workers who felt like they were getting "thrown under the bus". They were getting away with a lot of non-sense for years before his arrival, so of course they would feel like they were getting thrown under the bus the minute someone tried to correct some of the behavior. The rest I cant really speak to.

There were some things that they complained about that I would roll my eyes at - for instance, about 2 years ago there was a big cry and hue when they reduced the amount of free parking for operators at Wilson Division.

But there were others that I completely agree with, such as being told not to watch the fares. A number of those that continued to do so after the memo from head office were given and were assaulted received little help from their superiors until the union stepped in.

Dan

Very interesting, appreciate the insight there.

Although I will admit, I hold very litle sympathy for many of the front-line workers who felt like they were getting "thrown under the bus". They were getting away with a lot of non-sense for years before his arrival, so of course they would feel like they were getting thrown under the bus the minute someone tried to correct some of the behavior. The rest I cant really speak to.

Its hard to throw someone under the bus for bad behaviour when they are the bus driver /s

4529 has enter service on 510 (kg510) after 12 days

4573 still in the service bay after being here 19 days

4527 was last night testing.. Its out testing on 501 now

4573 is tracking at Neville Park Loop. Did it enter service on 501 today?

EDIT - It entered services on 501 (501A) after 19 days

Last edited:
4573 has enter service on 501 after 19 days being here. It been sitting in the yard since 8 am. I guess they held it back until the parade was over..

Edit:
4527 was out testing last night and earlier today. May see service this coming weekend.

4528 been in the service bay for a fair number of days and next to enter service.

4530 still not tracking and should be any day since there is room for it now to start testing.

4531 & 4532 could show up this week for off loading.

Last edited:
4527 did a wild in service 501 test eariler tonight that first included a trip to McCaul Loop via Queen, followed by Fleet Loop, and then it went up to St. Clair. It's back at Lesile now however, still signed onto 501 for the ghost of a very wild test run

How many more left to deliver?

Isn’t there talk of a second order?
Yes there talk of a second order and only going happen after this one is completed, as well the out come on damages. It has to be place in the 2020 and on going budgets before a tender can be place for it. Most likely extra funding will have to come from the Fed's, since Ford will not fund it and would be surprise if he did without strings attach to it.

TTC has 127 cars on the books at this time with 3 more come Monday currently in testing with luck. With 2 to be delivery this week and one next week, BBD still has to ship 70 more cars this year. 4401 is of the 70 that is in Quebec for rewelding and been rebuilt as a production car and may show up in June.

4527 arrived March 4 and could see service March 16
4528 arrived Feb 22 and could see service any day
4530 arrived March 7 and could see service March 19

4528 that has been in the service bay over a week or so is out testing and currently sitting in Russell Yard. It been here 20 days so far.

4527 was out testing last night.

4530 has been out testing most of the day so far and heading to St Clair at this time.

4531 was supposed to be off loaded today.

Back