News   May 16, 2024
 602     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 843     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 604     0 

TTC: Streetcar Network

Parking is more for shopping, nearby library. Nearby restaurants.

I don't think too many people - if any - are driving here every day and taking the subway at $9 a day - $13 if you stay until 6:30 pm. TTC Victoria Park lot is only $4.

Which station do you park at?

None. I take transit only. Although I do have a car I use out in Etobicoke.

Very interesting. Did TTC phase out the ice cutter attachments?
I was wondering about that too. I can see the wisdom of applying a pre-emptive solution to deter ice-build-up, but you'd want to make sure you've cleaned off any layer before doing so.

They may have different 'heads' they affix to the end of the transom with varying geometries and purposes. It really is an odd thing to watch though, let alone drive the truck...

There must be some shocked passengers seeing it coming. "Do you take Presto?"

Last edited:
Very interesting. Did TTC phase out the ice cutter attachments?

Nope, they still use them.

It is interesting to see the TTC finally look at what other properties are doing and adopting it, however.

Dan

I was wondering about that too. I can see the wisdom of applying a pre-emptive solution to deter ice-build-up, but you'd want to make sure you've cleaned off any layer before doing so.

They may have different 'heads' they affix to the end of the transom with varying geometries and purposes. It really is an odd thing to watch though, let alone drive the truck...

There must be some shocked passengers seeing it coming. "Do you take Presto?"

No, we don't take Presto because we're a mainteance truck!

I assume that the poles and shoes are less tolerant of ice than the pantos?

Not greatly so. A lot of properties that run in colder and icier climates will use two pantographs in tandem to clear away the ice from the overhead - be it by MU-ing equipment, or running the forward pantograph as well on rolling stock that is so-equipped.

Dan

52426128_10157393998639239_4987424566528704512_n.jpg

From link.

Starting this week, you may notice new Subway and Streetcar Maps rolling out on subway trains. The new maps show our entire rail network, including streetcars, helping customers to make better connections. Look out for these maps the next time you ride a #TTC train!

The streetcars could be improved to a more reliable transit option, if it wasn't for the automobile gods and their disciples.

That is possible. Many other transit does the the same. I am thinking of Boston.
The difference being Boston's rolling stocks are specific to the lines they run on. You won't see a Blue line train on the Red line.
Of course this can easily be solved by having a dynamic display.

The difference being Boston's rolling stocks are specific to the lines they run on. You won't see a Blue line train on the Red line.
Of course this can easily be solved by having a dynamic display.

True, but the way that the TTC is going, it won't be long before that happens here too.

Back