Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Does anyone know the specific location of the Union Station Loading Dock? It feels like a large amount of space being used up as it would be great if the Food Court had access to the south (potentially underneath loading dock) to connect to the South Concourse.
It's directly south of the Food Court level of the York Concourse.

I wasn't going to add further comment, but after staring at this pic on CityNews, an obvious safety issue becomes apparent:
upload_2018-10-11_23-2-28.png
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/10...red-by-falling-concrete-inside-union-station/

The sentry standing outside the area of investigation can be excepted...somewhat, but the two Metrolinx staff in the teamway?

Where are their hardhats? Surely staff in such an extensive construction zone have been issued, or have made-available headwear protection nearby for just such a situation?

My guess, even before we know more about this (if we ever do) is that staff and exec are wholly unprepared for disaster scenarios, let alone falling chunks of concrete.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-11_23-2-28.png
    upload_2018-10-11_23-2-28.png
    509.2 KB · Views: 721
Does anyone know the specific location of the Union Station Loading Dock? It feels like a large amount of space being used up as it would be great if the Food Court had access to the south (potentially underneath loading dock) to connect to the South Concourse.
If you look at the ramp off Lake Shore, it leads to the loading dock area in the middle of the concourse and a bit to the west. Saw it in Jan 2013 when the west concourse was being built.

If you look at the ramp off Lake Shore, it leads to the loading dock area in the middle of the concourse and a bit to the west. Saw it in Jan 2013 when the west concourse was being built.
I'm still lost. Is it in view of Google Street View, or it is not visible?

Eeek -- on top of an injured lady -- beyond this, this is serious enough that the teamway might be closed for a few days. Minimum. Out of safety necessity, unless it was definitively traced to a one-off debris.

But the photograph shows crumbling concrete was what hit the woman --

upload_2018-10-12_0-45-4.png

So therefore, procedure dictates a sustained engineering / structural analysis, because being a crumble, it is not a confirmed one-off event (e.g. falling wrench accident).
This may require a sustained closure of Bay West Teamway for engineering analysis

This will make for a very chaotic Friday commute.

Since Bay West Teamway is currently the temporary stand-in for the Bay Concourse.

If not safety-confirmed on time for the evening commute, redirecting the crowd away from the Bay Teamway is going to create some quite massive chaos of biblical proportions on the first day. Unless they can quickly confidently localize the crumbling area and fence off only that corner. (e.g. section of unrenovated concrete area)

(Luckily I'm telecommuting tomorrow.)

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-12_0-45-4.png
    upload_2018-10-12_0-45-4.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 797
Last edited:
by the looks this project its far from being finished, who they kidding
I'm 47. I expect to be well into my 50s before the entirety of the Union Station project is finished. Everything in this city seems to take ages. I was in my 30s when shovels hit the ground on Regent Park, and they've still got probably another half decade before it's done.

Out of curiosity, where does the word "teamway" come from? What does it exactly mean; is there a technical definition? I tried looking up the definition of it but there's nothing. I've only found the word to come up on a Hong Kong site that was using it as a sentence example.

I'm 47. I expect to be well into my 50s before the entirety of the Union Station project is finished. Everything in this city seems to take ages. I was in my 30s when shovels hit the ground on Regent Park, and they've still got probably another half decade before it's done.
The Regent Park Plan was always advertised as a 15-20 year effort. This from Wiki "The Regent Park Revitalization Plan is an initiative that began in 2005 by the City of Toronto with fellow development, government and community partners, with the focus of rebuilding the neighbourhood of Regent Park for 12,500 residents over 15-20 years"

Back