Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Eeek -- on top of an injured lady -- beyond this, this is serious enough that the teamway might be closed for a few days. Minimum. Out of safety necessity, unless it was definitively traced to a one-off debris.

But the photograph shows crumbling concrete was what hit the woman --

View attachment 160104

So therefore, procedure dictates a sustained engineering / structural analysis, because being a crumble, it is not a confirmed one-off event (e.g. falling wrench accident).
This may require a sustained closure of Bay West Teamway for engineering analysis

This will make for a very chaotic Friday commute.

Since Bay West Teamway is currently the temporary stand-in for the Bay Concourse.

If not safety-confirmed on time for the evening commute, redirecting the crowd away from the Bay Teamway is going to create some quite massive chaos of biblical proportions on the first day. Unless they can quickly confidently localize the crumbling area and fence off only that corner. (e.g. section of unrenovated concrete area)

(Luckily I'm telecommuting tomorrow.)

I am honestly not surprised this happened. The teamways are functional but they are still largely untouched compared to the new concourses. AMA is lucky she took her vacation this week...

Eeek -- on top of an injured lady -- beyond this, this is serious enough that the teamway might be closed for a few days. Minimum. Out of safety necessity, unless it was definitively traced to a one-off debris.

But the photograph shows crumbling concrete was what hit the woman --

View attachment 160104

So therefore, procedure dictates a sustained engineering / structural analysis, because being a crumble, it is not a confirmed one-off event (e.g. falling wrench accident).
This may require a sustained closure of Bay West Teamway for engineering analysis

This will make for a very chaotic Friday commute.

Since Bay West Teamway is currently the temporary stand-in for the Bay Concourse.

If not safety-confirmed on time for the evening commute, redirecting the crowd away from the Bay Teamway is going to create some quite massive chaos of biblical proportions on the first day. Unless they can quickly confidently localize the crumbling area and fence off only that corner. (e.g. section of unrenovated concrete area)

(Luckily I'm telecommuting tomorrow.)
GO sent this out yesterday and before I heard about the women been hit by concrete

(Union Station Passengers: The teamway on the west side of Bay St. has been temporarily closed. You may access platforms 3-13 from the east side of Bay St. To get to platforms 24-27 use the sidewalk on Bay St. to get to the stairs beside the ScotiaBank Arena (former ACC).)

Screenshot_20181014-114027_Twitter.jpg

Methinks something was found.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181014-114027_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20181014-114027_Twitter.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 574
Methinks something was found.
Or they decided, as seems sensible, to do a full inspection and, maybe, knock off any other concrete that is in poor shape. This is something they do annually under the Gardiner and they also did it on the rail bridge that spans Yonge quite recently but have maybe never done in the teamways.

WVRST is still closed. In fact, its hoarding is still up.

Honestly, I think the food court will open first. The food court fitting out is running at quite a clip but the hoarding is still up for WVRST which leads me to think there is a behind the scenes issue.

"Mom what time is it?"

"It's A past N"

My dusty memory seems to recall seeing photos of a clock of similar style - with a more traditional numbered face - in that part of the depot, once upon a time. It came down when digital (solari style) clocks came into vogue, around 68-70 iirc.

A nice Seth Thomas face with railway font would be preferable, imho, but it's nice that someone did the research into how the depot was actually fitted out back in the day and tried to reintroduce the overall effect.

- Paul

My dusty memory seems to recall seeing photos of a clock of similar style - with a more traditional numbered face - in that part of the depot, once upon a time. It came down when digital (solari style) clocks came into vogue, around 68-70 iirc.

A nice Seth Thomas face with railway font would be preferable, imho, but it's nice that someone did the research into how the depot was actually fitted out back in the day and tried to reintroduce the overall effect.

- Paul

Referencing this clockface, I think it's 2:35.
c3da67_791c0908896e4e53b4a9d676ff8439c0~mv2.gif

From link.

Union Station passengers: Starting this evening at 23:00 until 05:00 tomorrow morning, the Teamway on the west side of Union Station will be closed. You may access platforms 3-13 from the east side of Bay St. To get to platforms 24-27, use the sidewalk on Bay St. to get to the stairs beside the ScotiaBank Arena (former ACC)

Union Station passengers: Starting this evening at 23:00 until 05:00 tomorrow morning, the Teamway on the west side of Union Station will be closed. You may access platforms 3-13 from the east side of Bay St. To get to platforms 24-27, use the sidewalk on Bay St. to get to the stairs beside the ScotiaBank Arena (former ACC)

At N and I for those of you using the new clock.

Ok ok i'm done with that joke promise.

Back