News   Apr 18, 2024
 666     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

It sort of has a 'Kennedy Clan' ring to it, where the father was grooming Joe Jr. for greatness until he was killed, then shifted his attention to next-in-line John to take up the mantle

For the first hundred days of Doug Ford's tenure as Premier (used to be Prime Minister until Bill Davis formally changed the designation) of Ontario, we'll give Doug a honeymoon period... with constant reports and film of his "honeymoon" at 11 each night. :D

What will be interesting for me is whether he can work within his caucus and cabinet. He doesn't strike me much as a team player. The PC members will obviously be motivated by a desire to be seen as a team (and the fact that they won and want to stay there - power is a powerful drug that is quite addictive), but many are experienced parliamentarians and have limits. President Trump has done a number of things that concern his party, but they have largely been within the bounds of his executive authority. The office of Premier has little, if any, inherent authority.

I’m willing to bet Metro police had a file on Doug, and mentions of him in statements made from other dealers arrested during that time.

That said, it’s not like the police are suddenly gonna charge Ford. The time to do that was the 80’s, and no doubt connections and Ford Srs prominence in Etobicoke kept that from happening.

Unless something is leaked by the Police, we’re not likely to hear anything more concrete, the whole thing can continue to be brushed off as a smear campaign.

My hope is on the fraud charge awaiting Doug in the near future over Rob’s estate. I have no doubt this whole thing is now under investigation. And it’s not like Ford can “pardon” himself.

Facepalm...

This has been proven to be a failed policy by the left.

It did not stop Ford from staying on as Mayor and Trump looks like he will serve his full term and could still win reelection.

If people want to beat Ford, put up some decent opposition that wins enough support under the current system and then change the electoral system so people like Ford cant be elected.

The point is unlike Trump, Ford Won rather clearly.

It sort of has a 'Kennedy Clan' ring to it, where the father was grooming Joe Jr. for greatness until he was killed, then shifted his attention to next-in-line John to take up the mantle
Does this mean that Mikey will have his Chappaquiddick?

So, it's OK to deal drugs as long as you later in life become an outstanding citizen?...

I should bloody well think so else I should have had carried out my suicidal tendencies at an earlier age to their (il)logical conclusion.

This whinging about the man's hash dealing (which is a friggin plant!, by the way) needs to die. It's completely irrelevant. If we are to be judged to the end of our days on things we did decades ago then we can all go ahead and give up now. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Right, all of a sudden we're all out of rocks.

If people want to beat Ford, put up some decent opposition that wins enough support under the current system and then change the electoral system so people like Ford cant be elected.

The point is unlike Trump, Ford Won rather clearly.

Hooooooly. You still don't get it. The point isn't to prevent people like Ford from attaining power; the point is to prevent minorities from having absolute legislative power.

I should bloody well think so else I should have had carried out my suicidal tendencies at an earlier age to their (il)logical conclusion.

This whinging about the man's hash dealing (which is a friggin plant!, by the way) needs to die. It's completely irrelevant. If we are to be judged to the end of our days on things we did decades ago then we can all go ahead and give up now. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Right, all of a sudden we're all out of rocks.
First... sinned against who?

For me, the point is Doughie lying and continuing to lie in the face of proof.

Paraphrasing Doughie, What are you going to believe, me or the truth.

Last edited:

Sinned? As not having sold massive amounts of drugs out of my parents basement? Sinned, as not having sold minimal amounts of hash out of my parents basement? Nope never dealt or dispensed any amount. Quoting bible verses to absolve sins.... Is this what Ontario has to look forward to?

These things aren't really reported but I would assume the Ford family are Masons. Being part of that group is basically immunity. You can deal schedule 1 or 2 drugs, have an investigation done with loads of evidence, be charged/arrested, then a few hours later poof nothing happened and all evidence disappears. It actually is like that. Am assuming this works with DUIs and assault/extortion (like trying to obtain a video).

Sinned? As not having sold massive amounts of drugs out of my parents basement? Sinned, as not having sold minimal amounts of hash out of my parents basement? Nope never dealt or dispensed any amount. Quoting bible verses to absolve sins.... Is this what Ontario has to look forward to?

Wow, ok, I get it.....selling hash is evil or whatever.
The self-righteous can't be wrong. This sort of weak moralising is pathetic, as far as I'm concerned.

What he may or may not have done 30 years ago is irrelevant to what he may or may not do today.

Especially when what he may or may not have done 30 years ago is sell a bit of hash. Hash, ffs! Plant material. Glad we're so fucking holy that we have the balls to illegalise plants. If ehe was selling fentanyl as MDMA, ok, then you'd have a point.

Your own government sells alcohol, which is a very dangerous psychotropic substance that can cause fatal withdrawal symptoms as well as brain damage through excitotoxicity, but yeah, selling a bit of hash 30 years ago is an ethical blemish for the ages!

Do go on with your righteous indignation!

Last edited:
First... sinned against who?

For me, the point is Doughie lying and continuing to lie in the face of proof.

Paraphrasing Doughie, What are you going to believe, me or the truth.

Yeah, I get it, he's a shady bastard. I just can't stand this self-righteous moaning about something he may or may not have done 30 years ago that isn't even worth thinking about.

These things aren't really reported but I would assume the Ford family are Masons. Being part of that group is basically immunity. You can deal schedule 1 or 2 drugs, have an investigation done with loads of evidence, be charged/arrested, then a few hours later poof nothing happened and all evidence disappears. It actually is like that. Am assuming this works with DUIs and assault/extortion (like trying to obtain a video).
They are rotarians. Masonry has never been mentioned and they don’t wear the rings. Highly doubtful.

Yeah, I get it, he's a shady bastard. I just can't stand this self-righteous moaning about something he may or may not have done 30 years ago that isn't even worth thinking about.
Shady behaviour followed by a pivot = life lesson.
Shady behaviour followed by shady behaviour = shady life.

Wow, ok, I get it.....selling hash is evil or whatever.
The self-righteous can't be wrong. This sort of weak moralising is pathetic, as far as I'm concerned.

What he may or may not have done 30 years ago is irrelevant to what he may or may not do today.

Especially when what he may or may not have done 30 years ago is sell a bit of hash. Hash, ffs! Plant material. Glad we're so fucking holy that we have the balls to illegalise plants. If ehe was selling fentanyl as MDMA, ok, then you'd have a point.

Your own government sells alcohol, which is a very dangerous psychotropic substance that can cause fatal withdrawal symptoms as well as brain damage through excitotoxicity, but yeah, selling a bit of hash 30 years ago is an ethical blemish for the ages!

Do go on with your righteous indignation!

I'm doing my thing again and splitting the difference on this sub-thread.

I'm not one for self-righteousness or pious-ness.

I also happen to favour legalizing weed and decriminalizing possession for personal use of all other drugs.

On the other hand, let's be clear Mr. Ford's path was not that of someone who merely skirted the edge of the law as a teen.

It is the path of someone known to willfully misrepresent the facts; someone who has used invective to describe those with whom he has political disagreements, he has a reputation as a bully, and many of his associates over the years do not have stellar reputations.

That along w/moralizing hypocrisy (see Sex Education file) should leave a bad taste about the man in anyone's mouth.

Perhaps, one may hope, he will be a far better Premier than many fear. But he has spent much time cultivating the image he has, it will take extraordinary steps to shed it.

Back