News   May 01, 2024
 416     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

770A2055-E41A-4819-BC72-D4CF3278C1B6.png

Attachments

• 770A2055-E41A-4819-BC72-D4CF3278C1B6.png
    770A2055-E41A-4819-BC72-D4CF3278C1B6.png
    721.3 KB · Views: 351
^Yup, those are Thug's true colours. And, sure, the Ford clan has always been big fans of Justin Trudeau. (See the crack tape for proof--a tape, btw, that Thug likely assisted in suppressing--possibly at the cost of human life. Oh yeah, that Thuggie is a real, real sweetheart--wouldn't even hurt a fly.)

For the first hundred days of Doug Ford's tenure as Premier (used to be Prime Minister until Bill Davis formally changed the designation) of Ontario, we'll give Doug a honeymoon period... with constant reports and film of his "honeymoon" at 11 each night. :D

For the first hundred days of Doug Ford's tenure as Premier (used to be Prime Minister until Bill Davis formally changed the designation) of Ontario, we'll give Doug a honeymoon period... with constant reports and film of his "honeymoon" at 11 each night. :D

Are you implying something about Kinga Surma?

I was talking with my dad about Ford and the PC's winning. It won't be fun for them, as Doug has tons of baggage and the party itself has lots of internal scandal.

Last edited:
I seem to recall Doug also declaring that his support for Trump is unwabering.
I had to look that up

Wabering
http://dbqp.blogspot.com/2006/12/wabering.html
The process of Wabering is not well understood. There are complexities to it that researchers cannot yet fathom. Wabering does, however, exhibit a number of essential characteristics:
3. Wabering is best defined not as a single activity, but as a mass of activities seemingly impossible for one person to complete even with help. This indefatigability has been a key component identified in all Wabering studies.
But how does the antonym of the above apply to Ford?

I've already posted similar comments in the 2018 Transit Promises thread but I really believe at this juncture (and given what happened at the G7 this past week) that Trump is going to kill NAFTA and impose steep tariffs on Canadian--re Ontario--made cars. Those things alone are enough to utterly tank the Ontario economy in the next couple of years. Add to this the softening real estate market and steep austerity spending limits on everything provincially funded, and we're talking an economic collapse here that will make the Bob Rae ere look like good times. Drug will be out on his ass in 4 years if he's lucky.

Something tells me that the same people who screech to this day that Bob Rae was responsible for Brian Mulroney's economic sins will suddenly discover nuance when one of their heroes is put in the same position, and will start squawking that of course Thug can't possibly held accountable for the failures of a higher level of government. How unfair! And as for Thug's very public statements where he kisses Trump's ass, how dare we commie pinko elitists even think of using past words and stances against poor, persecuted, helpless, defenceless, inoffensive, blameless, innocent widdle Dwug Fowd!!! Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo!

Hell, if JWBF's comments just above are accurate - and I don't doubt that they are - then at least some of the Ford Nayshun crowd are already angry at Thug for daring to publicly go against Trump, who's almost certainly going to cause economic devastation here, as you point out. I know political reactionaries are experts at cutting their own throats at the ballot box and then screaming that everyone's to blame for their subsequent misfortunes but themselves, but this seems excessive even for them.

We have plenty of fun Doug Ford scandals etc. to look forward to on top of the existing one's here but (and I look forward to the pile on about my response here) isn't this drug dealer shtick kind of getting old unless the man is pulled over at a traffic stop tomorrow and has a few kilos in the back seat of his SUV?

First, I have a number of friends who were Drug dealers in high school and moved on to become upstanding gentlemen and good husbands and fathers. Second, if you have any personal experience with the private-school-sons-of-over-bearing-fathers-who-have-money-and-business-success crowd you would know that dealing coke etc. or doing time in juvie is not unique, it is almost a mandatory ritual of the maturation process.

Lastly, the howls from those on the left choosing this issue to attack Doug on (among the many, many other things he could be attacked for) are a bit choice given his rise from humble drug dealer origins to Premier would make a good progressive poster boy narrative if his politics were "right" no?

with doug ford, every fail, back pedal and broken promise will be "because wynne"

100% this.

They are probably already working on the talking points for the next election: "We didn't do x, y and z because we had no idea the books were this bad folks"

I really, really dread the precedent set by both the elections of Trump and Ford. Future campaign managers now know they can get away with
- ignoring the mainstream media and attacking it when they feel the need
- ignoring policy discussions or turning complex ones into two-word slogans
- focussing 100% on PR and marketing to the lowest, common, populist denominator
- repeating bold-face lies again and again
- accusing facts of being bias

Lastly, the howls from those on the left choosing this issue to attack Doug on (among the many, many other things he could be attacked for) are a bit choice given his rise from humble drug dealer origins to Premier would make a good progressive poster boy narrative if his politics were "right" no?

I never really understood this attack on Doug. If he was selling weed in high school, who cares. We all know good people who sold some weed in high school/college. Maybe if Doug was running on some socially conservative agenda, it would be fair game, but I agree with your take.

I never really understood this attack on Doug. If he was selling weed in high school, who cares. We all know good people who sold some weed in high school/college. Maybe if Doug was running on some socially conservative agenda, it would be fair game, but I agree with your take.
i think he was selling pounds of hash. not exactly just doing it to get his own free supply.

Mmm-kay, henceforth I will replace "former drug dealer" with "pathological liar" when describing our Premier-elect. (btw, was there any resolution back in the day regarding Thug's claim that his wife is Jewish?)

Back