News   Apr 26, 2024
 731     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 245     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 735     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Conservatives enjoy boring.

It is sort of like how you do not want to have a creative accountant.

Unless you’re Morneau, in which case the more creative your accountant the better. Because it takes real artistry to hold your French Chateau in an Alberta Corporation, even though your principal residence is in Toronto.

I was reading an analysis comparing the Ontario PC's to the federal CPC. The big difference is that Patrick Brown wants to win, while Andrew Scheer is doubling down on old tactics and seems to be fine with being the official opposition. Whether he means them or not, Brown has taken a lot of socially progressive stances, while Scheer is doubling down on Trumpian tactics and pandering to the so called "alt-right" group.

https://twitter.com/niknanos/status/934202546599727105

Paul Wells @InklessPW
2h

The contrast between the political positioning of the Ontario PC party and the federal Conservative party is becoming stark, to the point where if both were to win the next elections it's not obvious how they'd work together.

Last edited:
So what do we do with these people?

Chance of reintegrating Canadian ISIS fighters 'pretty remote': Goodale
"If you want to have a good solid hope of some kind of successful intervention, it has to be at a much earlier stage. You have to prevent the problem before it exists," said Goodale in an interview with Evan Solomon, host of CTV’s Question Period.

"Once a person has been in a war zone, once they’ve been actively engaged in terrorist-related activities, the capacity to turn them around is pretty remote. That’s why you have to use the other tools, including collecting the evidence and prosecuting wherever and whenever you can," he said.

Though, Goodale admits pursuing charges against these people is difficult. So far charges have been brought in two cases since the Liberals came to power. The challenge, Goodale said, is in translating intelligence that Canadian security agencies have on these people into evidence that will stick in court.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/chan...isis-fighters-pretty-remote-goodale-1.3693559

It says a lot about how the Liberal party really feels about the LGBT community.

Liberals show 'lack of respect' with invites to LGBT apology event, say NDP

Opposition MPs received an email Friday morning at 11:16 telling them they could bring two or three guests — "people from your riding who would appreciate an invitation for this historic occasion"— to attend a viewing event near Parliament Hill.

"As time is of the essence, we would have your list of names by end of day today to send out the invitation as soon as possible," the email continued. It notes guests will be responsible for their own expenses and travel.

Nice attempt at a deflection. Care to comment on those Conservative MP's who didn't bother to stick around for Scheer's speech? I would like to know who in the party supports the way that gay people were treated in the past.

Nice attempt at a deflection. Care to comment on those Conservative MP's who didn't bother to stick around for Scheer's speech? I would like to know who in the party supports the way that gay people were treated in the past.
I remember the Gay Marriage debates about 12 to 15 years ago.
  • NDP - Gay Marriage is a human rights issue, and MP's were whipped to vote in favour. This was a logical and consistent policy.
  • CPC - Equality of gays is a human right, but the term Marriage was borrowed from religion, so another means of equality was needed. This was a logical and consistent policy.
  • Liberals - Gay Marriage is a human rights issue, and MP's were free to vote how they want. This policy made no sense - I would expect any human rights issue to be mandatory for all party members.
Later, when the CPC had the majority, they had a vote on whether to re-open the debate, and the majority voted to retain the newly formed policy.
I am not sure about who the 20 are (your link didn't include this information - or even confirm the number is 20, and it didn't mention whether Liberal or NDP members were absent), or what there reasons are, but possibly they are protesting the Liberal politicization of the issue.

This was from reporters at the speech. Almost all Liberal and NDP MP's were present. Not sure about the BQ and Greens, but I gather they were there too. I haven't seen a specific number of the Conservative MP's missing, but people there estimated it at 15-20 people not in the chamber. It was a noticeable chunk of people dressing up as a seat, which isn't a good look. Scheer did make a fine speech though to his credit.

Tonda MacCharles‏Verified account@TondaMacC 7h7 hours ago
Nearly all MPs are here, however many Conservatives missing from their seats, nearly two dozen by my count.
Dale Smith‏@journo_dale 7h7 hours ago
Dale Smith Retweeted Luke Côté

About 15 seats all conspicuously vacant in the centre of their ranks.
Marni Panas‏@marnipanas 3h3 hours ago
Many 0f those cpc seats were full just moments before though. I was there. Saw them leave.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politi...-penalize-companies-that-harm-canadas-economy

I don’t get this decision from Trudeau. We’re mad at Boeing for challenging Bombardier, so instead of buying new Boeing jets as a partial or interim replacement of our CF-18, we’re going to buy pre-owned jets from Australia, made by Boeing. Sounds like a win for Boeing either way, as we’re going to need Boeing for parts and service support.

I don’t get this decision from Trudeau. We’re mad at Boeing for challenging Bombardier, so instead of buying new Boeing jets as a partial or interim replacement of our CF-18, we’re going to buy pre-owned jets from Australia, made by Boeing. Sounds like a win for Boeing either way, as we’re going to need Boeing for parts and service support.

The used jets from Australia are an interim solution, and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to avoid Boeing aircraft in the interim period given our existing fleet of CF-18s. We were always going to need to rely on Boeing until at least we got new jets. It's not really a win for Boeing either way, if they lose the contract for the replacement fighters. The real question is to what extent Boeing's actions on the trade (Bombardier) front should disqualify it, even if it offers the best replacement fighters for Canada.

The CPC forgot that they started the whole debacle. Selective memory is a helpful thing sometimes...
What mess.?

The CPC continued the Chretien and Martin process of developing a top fighter that is now being built and bought by our allies. It is this hard left that the Liberals took 2 years ago that created the mess.

What mess.?

The CPC continued the Chretien and Martin process of developing a top fighter that is now being built and bought by our allies. It is this hard left that the Liberals took 2 years ago that created the mess.

Haha, if only Harper actually bought anything during his rather long tenure as PM instead of wanting his cake and eat it too on this file. Surely if he felt so strongly about the buy, he could have used some of his political capital for it back in 2012 instead of reaching for the eject button eh?

http://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/january-2016/acautionarytale/

AoD

Last edited:

Back