9     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 998     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Last edited:
That's what Trudeau was counting on.

The matter has been settled. Trudeau apologized and accepted the decision.

I guess if there hadn't been a $90,000 stuffed-in-an-envelope Harper senate scandal in 2013, people might have taken this more seriously... but, as it stands, nobody cares.

The CPC also tried to hide the Nigel Wright scandal.

the blindingly obvious finding of the ethics commissioner is out..
Most surprising to me was that he was found guilty of violating 4 sections of the act.

He reportedly did not see the Aga Khan from 1983 until 2013 (except for PET funeral). This really shows the 2 only got together for mutual benefit (Trudeau to get benefit of minority vote, Khan to get government money).
The other surprising thing was that Trudeau did not recuse himself when talk of giving money to the Aga Khan. This shows that the scandal goes well beyond a vacation and to the core of his unethical behaviour.
Regarding his vacation, the question that is brought up is why he doesn't just vacation at Harrington Lake - as most PMs have done in the past for the majority of their vacations. The answer, of course, is that the PMs mother is living there. Maybe this is the next investigation as to whether giving this government property to someone else is allowed as it forces the PM to take more expensive vacation wherever he goes.

Last edited:
I don't personally care where the PM, regardless of party, chooses to go on vacation. That is just me though...
Neither do I as long as it isn't at a "friend's" private lala land with said "friend" being the patron of an organisation that is a recipient of government (our) money. Trudeau has shown himself to be a classically arrogant and self-righteous Liberal indeed. Talking to us about this with his idiotic "what's the problem?" tone....silence yourself, preemie, not all of us fawn over you.
I've never voted Liberal but I was very willing to give this government a chance, but they lost me after the lie about electoral reform and subsequent arrogant behaviour on the part of our PM.

PS: I regularly wonder why Goodale taints his class by his association to this (and past Liberal) government. He's too good for the self-righteous and vain current PM.

Whoa, is there a slander-detecting algorithm? Cool.

Nope, just inadvertent coding.

I had a 's' in brackets after 'government'in the second-last sentence above.

I've never voted Liberal but I was very willing to give this government a chance, but they lost me after the lie about electoral reform and subsequent arrogant behaviour on the part of our PM.
I still maintain the stepping aside from electoral reform was the greatest thing Trudeau has done.

It would have failed, and then we would have killed the idea for a generation. Stepping aside allows us to bring it back to public attention for the next election.

It might have had a chance had Trudeau been willing to consider electoral reforms that did not by-default favour the Liberals.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...o-know-about-electoralreform/article29996105/
They made their bed and layed on it.

Their could have gotten Stephane Dion, a Poli-Sci professor who has specialized on the topic of electoral reform and in particular advocated for a variety of Mixed-Member Proportional (or STV, I don' remember), to lead their electoral reform policy.

Instead, they got one of the most incompetent MPs I've seen in Monsef, and told her to push for alternative vote system that wouldall but guarantee a Liberal supermajority every election.

At that point, just scrapping the whole reform was the best thing they could have done. Especially with the Conservatives making big noise in demanding a public referendum on the matter. As someone who has written multiple university papers on the topic of electoral reform, let me say that the majority of historical electoral referendums fail in achieving the desired result of the reformists, and that it usually kills the momentum for reform for atleast a generation of voters.

Back