PM Justin Trudeau's Canada | Page 85

Discussion in 'Politics & Diplomacy' started by King of Kensington, Nov 3, 2015.

1. jje1000

jje1000 Senior Member

My concern is that these individuals allowed back into their communities will taint them and spread extremism and violence unfettered- with a perception that the Canadian government has grown "soft".

These people willingly took part in the murder of thousands of innocent Muslims and ethnic groups- they should have never been allowed back into the country.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/isis-fighters-returning-target-jihadis-1.4404021

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017

2. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

I was at my parents house for Jayson's birthday and saw a few signs for the by-election next month.

3. jje1000

jje1000 Senior Member

4. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

5. WislaHD

WislaHD Senior Member

6. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

7. pman

pman Senior Member

Unless you’re Morneau, in which case the more creative your accountant the better. Because it takes real artistry to hold your French Chateau in an Alberta Corporation, even though your principal residence is in Toronto.

ShonTron and WislaHD like this.
  8. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

I was reading an analysis comparing the Ontario PC's to the federal CPC. The big difference is that Patrick Brown wants to win, while Andrew Scheer is doubling down on old tactics and seems to be fine with being the official opposition. Whether he means them or not, Brown has taken a lot of socially progressive stances, while Scheer is doubling down on Trumpian tactics and pandering to the so called "alt-right" group.

https://twitter.com/niknanos/status/934202546599727105

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    APTA-2048 likes this.
  9. jje1000

jje1000 Senior Member

So what do we do with these people?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/chan...isis-fighters-pretty-remote-goodale-1.3693559

10. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

11. BurlOak

BurlOak Senior Member

It says a lot about how the Liberal party really feels about the LGBT community.

Liberals show 'lack of respect' with invites to LGBT apology event, say NDP

12. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

Nice attempt at a deflection. Care to comment on those Conservative MP's who didn't bother to stick around for Scheer's speech? I would like to know who in the party supports the way that gay people were treated in the past.

13. BurlOak

BurlOak Senior Member

I remember the Gay Marriage debates about 12 to 15 years ago.
    • NDP - Gay Marriage is a human rights issue, and MP's were whipped to vote in favour. This was a logical and consistent policy.
    • CPC - Equality of gays is a human right, but the term Marriage was borrowed from religion, so another means of equality was needed. This was a logical and consistent policy.
    • Liberals - Gay Marriage is a human rights issue, and MP's were free to vote how they want. This policy made no sense - I would expect any human rights issue to be mandatory for all party members.
    Later, when the CPC had the majority, they had a vote on whether to re-open the debate, and the majority voted to retain the newly formed policy.
    I am not sure about who the 20 are (your link didn't include this information - or even confirm the number is 20, and it didn't mention whether Liberal or NDP members were absent), or what there reasons are, but possibly they are protesting the Liberal politicization of the issue.

14. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

This was from reporters at the speech. Almost all Liberal and NDP MP's were present. Not sure about the BQ and Greens, but I gather they were there too. I haven't seen a specific number of the Conservative MP's missing, but people there estimated it at 15-20 people not in the chamber. It was a noticeable chunk of people dressing up as a seat, which isn't a good look. Scheer did make a fine speech though to his credit.

15. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017