News   Apr 24, 2024
 949     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 618     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

That is not a personal attack on anyone, nor is it grade school ranting. You seem to misunderstand what I was getting at due to a hyperpartisan mind set. Even Harper used social media properly for the most part to further his agenda, even if you didn't agree with it. That is how all elected leaders should approach the medium.

As for how Scheer and the CPC use social media, it isn't well done. Scheer himself had gone on Trump-like rants about Trudeau and got significant backlash. In general, the people who run the social media of the party aren't getting the message across effectively. I say this as someone who isn't loyal to any one party or leader.

Last edited:
That is not a personal attack on anyone, nor is it grade school ranting. You seem to misunderstand what I was getting at due to a hyperpartisan mind set. Even Harper used social media properly for the most part to further his agenda, even if you didn't agree with it. That is how all elected leaders should approach the medium.

As for how Scheer and the CPC use social media, it isn't well done. Scheer himself had gone on Trump-like rants about Trudeau and got significant backlash. In general, the people who run the social media of the party aren't getting the message across effectively. I say this as someone who isn't loyal to any one party or leader.
It's an obvious attack on the US President.

Once again, you misunderstood what I posted. I was saying that Trudeau doesn't use his platform to attack people or rant about nonsense. Now, you are a Trumper, so I can see why you are protective.

Liberals drop pledge to waive GST for new rental-housing construction
The GST plan is one of just three pledges out of 364 government commitments that are listed on a new tracking website as "not being pursued." The federal website, launched Tuesday, lists the government's progress on the items in the mandate letters provided to cabinet ministers.
FUREY: Don't trust the Liberals to run their own promise tracker

Based on both the Liberal platform and verbal commitments Trudeau made on the campaign trail, they say the government only made 226 promises. And while the government claims it’s only “not pursuing” three promises, Trudeau Metre says they’ve broken 36.
So if you follow this, the Liberal government is using taxpayers money to set up a website to track how they are doing. And the Liberals rate themselves as having broken 3 promises (although they don't use the work "break", they use "not being pursued"), even those other sources say they have broken 36.
I am not sure if this is arrogance, stupidity, or what - but I can't imagine anyone actually falling for this.

Last edited:
My concern is that these individuals allowed back into their communities will taint them and spread extremism and violence unfettered- with a perception that the Canadian government has grown "soft".

These people willingly took part in the murder of thousands of innocent Muslims and ethnic groups- they should have never been allowed back into the country.

'Canada does not engage in death squads,' while allies actively hunt down their own foreign fighters
Government estimates more than 200 Canadians have been 'terrorist travellers'
But Canadians who join the militant group have so far had little to fear from their own government, either at home or abroad.
At the end of 2015, the government said it was aware of about 180 individuals "with a nexus to Canada" who had travelled overseas to join such groups, and of another 60 who had returned to Canada.
According to a 2016 report, Public Safety Canada is aware returning jihadis "may have skills, experience and relationships developed abroad that could be used to recruit or inspire individuals in Canada. They may also engage in terrorist financing, helping others to travel, or even planning attacks in Canada.

"The attacks directed by [ISIS] in Paris and Brussels provide examples. Most of the attackers were returnees linked to [ISIS]."
The almost total collapse of ISIS in Iraq and Syria over the last few months seems likely to bring more returnees back to the West. And the bitter-enders who chose to remain through that collapse may be among the most dangerous of its followers.
To date, no Canadian has been successfully prosecuted for travelling to Syria or Iraq to join a terror group.

According to government estimates more than 200 Canadian "terrorist travellers" have faced no legal consequences in Canada.

"The challenge is they're not stupid," said Leuprecht. "They know that CSIS will likely monitor them using wiretap warrants, on grounds of reasonable suspicion. And you can use that sort of warrant for up to six months. And if CSIS can't show that there are grounds for keeping that warrant in place, then normally it won't be renewed."
Leuprecht says deradicalization programs are highly controversial and there is little empirical evidence that they work. In any case, Canada doesn't have such a program.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/isis-fighters-returning-target-jihadis-1.4404021

Last edited:

Back