Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

It has nothing to do with the Crosstown LRT, going east the mainline BRT will cross under Renforth where it will then split in two. Eastbound the line veers south and crosses Eglinton where it will then veer east and feed BRT traffic onto Eglinton east of the Matheson intersection. Westbound buses will merge onto the BRT on the northside of Eglinton, just east of Matheson where they will cross under Matheson and join the mainline BRT just east of Renforth.

There used to be a PIC pdf online showing the layout of the underpasses and access roads, it no longer appears to be online unfortunately. All of the work that is being done appears to be consistent with those PIC slides.

From this document, here is a useful image. My impression is that LRT would be coming along the middle of Eglinton, with an at grade station on Commerce just north of Eglinton.
Renforth Gateway.jpg

Attachments

• Renforth Gateway.jpg
    Renforth Gateway.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 1,501
The only thing I find surprising about that station layout is the lack of a bus loop on the surface for local bus connections (like TTC route 32, route 112B, or the Mississauga industrial routes). Or will they just enter the busway station and loop around at either end? Hmmm.

That layout confirms what I was seeing and expecting.

As for the LRT, I agree with the idea that the LRT station will be on the north side of Eglinton and in the centre going east.

All MT buses for the industrial area will run out of the terminal. Even TTC routes will operate out of this terminal as well, as it make sense to do so.

MT is planning major overhaul of routes come opening day. We will know more in the next few months as the 2017 plans are presented to the public at various PIC. I expect route 7 will only operate north of the terminal only and will see route 35 beef up to replace route 7 west cancel route. Route 35 may end at the terminal that will require riders to transfer to 109 to get to the subway either in 2017 or when Kipling opens. Route 21 will not run west of the terminal. Route 32 is to finally get to Renforth years late. Time will tell what the plan will really look like compare to what was to happen.

GO will see a major change since this will be a new location and faster route compare to what exist today. Some GO routes that start/stop at Station Gate Station may get move to Renforth.

The only thing I find surprising about that station layout is the lack of a bus loop on the surface for local bus connections (like TTC route 32, route 112B, or the Mississauga industrial routes). Or will they just enter the busway station and loop around at either end? Hmmm.

That seems to be the situation with the Erin Mills and Winston Churchill stations. I'd expect the same will apply with Renforth.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

In terms of getting riders from Renforth station to Kipling Station (and Kipling to Renfroth), will it fall under MiWay or TTC responsibility? One of the things I really enjoyed when I used to live near Kipling was the ability to take either MiWay or TTC for just 1 fare. If the TTC took over, it would require people living in West Etobicoke to pay 2 fares to use TTC and MiWay to get into Mississauga using the transit way.

Toronto residents who work along the south side of Eglinton Ave between Etobicoke Creek and Renforth already have to pay two fares, even though both their residence and workplace is in Toronto. Whether Renforth Station will require extra fare or not is simply a matter of whether TTC will serve it or not, and I seriously doubt that they will.

And I hope Renforth Station is actually Commerce Station, so that it is within Mississauga and not Toronto, otherwise MiWay will not be able to use the station to pick up passengers due to the City of Toronto's ban on 905 transit within its borders.

Toronto residents who work along the south side of Eglinton Ave between Etobicoke Creek and Renforth already have to pay two fares, even though both their residence and workplace is in Toronto. Whether Renforth Station will require extra fare or not is simply a matter of whether TTC will serve it or not, and I seriously doubt that they will.

And I hope Renforth Station is actually Commerce Station, so that it is within Mississauga and not Toronto, otherwise MiWay will not be able to use the station to pick up passengers due to the City of Toronto's ban on 905 transit within its borders.
MiWay already picks up passengers in Toronto, at Islington Station and Kipling, and along Dundas/Bloor (westbound).

MiWay already picks up passengers in Toronto, at Islington Station and Kipling, and along Dundas/Bloor (westbound).

Yes, they can pick up outgoing passengers, but not incoming. So if they build Renforth station in Toronto, then they would not be able to pick up passengers going to Islington or anywhere else in Toronto.

According to the Wikipedia page, the City of Mississauga annexed the land beside Renforth? This is the first I've read of it. I hope it is true, otherwise it will be a useless station, not served by MiWay, and probably not served by TTC either.

I'm not quite sure why anyone would doubt that the TTC is going to serve Renforth Station. The 32 and 112 already serve Skymark Hub which happens to be right around the corner from the entrance to Renforth Station.

Renforth Station is and always has been planned to be built on the west side of Renforth...in Mississauga. Why the Station is being named Renforth is beyond me because the station is being built right next to Commerce Boulevard with the main entrance leading to Commerce. Perhaps back in 1992 the original plan was to have it be connected to Renforth rather than Commerce.

You will absolutely be able to board a MiWay bus from Renforth going towards the subway, likewise you will also be able to take the TTC 112 to the Subway from Renforth.

Toronto residents who work along the south side of Eglinton Ave between Etobicoke Creek and Renforth already have to pay two fares, even though both their residence and workplace is in Toronto.

Since when? I've never had to pay a second fare when riding the 32 out that way.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

In terms of getting riders from Renforth station to Kipling Station (and Kipling to Renfroth), will it fall under MiWay or TTC responsibility? One of the things I really enjoyed when I used to live near Kipling was the ability to take either MiWay or TTC for just 1 fare. If the TTC took over, it would require people living in West Etobicoke to pay 2 fares to use TTC and MiWay to get into Mississauga using the transit way.

Not sure if it would be one or the other, maybe both? I do know that it is a BRT route in The Big Move, so Metrolinx would likely oversee the capital construction and maintenance. If I had to pick one though, operations would fall to the TTC since it is mostly within City of Toronto borders. The exception area is west of a general line extending from the Renforth overpass of the 401.

jv70bxB.png

There are exceptions. Miway can pick up and drop off passengers on Route 18
Since when? I've never had to pay a second fare when riding the 32 out that way.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The 32 loops at Skymark, and no, there's no double fare (there was when a branch of Route 32 extended to Creekbank Road in Mississauga). But someone at Eglinton and Rackley Court, despite being within the City of Toronto, would have to take a Mississauga bus or walk a considerable distance to Skymark/Renforth to board the TTC bus without paying the MiWay fare.

Steeles Avenue is the border between the City of Toronto and the Region of York (actually the road is all Toronto, but the buildings on the north side are York Region). That also means more than two different transit systems run along Steeles, collecting different fares depending upon which bus one boards.

Back