Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Jan 2, 2017 Winston Churchill Goes into service for miWay and GO. Route 109 will be removed from Eglinton

Feb 27, 2017, Spectrum and Orbitor Station open for service for 107 & 109

Sept 4, 2017, Renforth opens with major changes for everyone.

I found some different dates.
  • Still Feb 27, 2017, for Spectrum and Orbitor Station opening.
  • May 29, 2017 for MiWay service at Winston Churchill.
  • Jul 3, 2017 for Renforth Gateway to open, all routes at Skymark relocate.
Also, a new express route 100 will serve the entire transitway in May 2018

Those are new dates compare to what I was given when I posted them as well what was on line. Wondering why the late opening for Churchill.

Getting Renforth open sooner will help everyone. Based on what I saw months ago, see no reason for it not open earlier, considering the weather we have had so far.

100 was schedule for 2017, but defer to 2018 for lack of buses and budget. There supposed to be 22 new express buses in service by Sept-Nov 2017, not 2018 as schedule. No idea what the 52 addition buses will be for other than replacement for the 2003 local fleet.

Ah, I see you've been fooled by MiWay!

Drum is right on this one, most recent info is here. http://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/miway/miwayfive/MiWay5_Oct2016_InfoSessionsPresentation.pdf

In the Mississauga budget (I don't remember which page):

Transitway west Ridgeway and 407 connector (lead by Metrolinx) EA initiated, preliminary design and build in 2017, completion by 2019

Thank you thank you thank you!

It is incredibly painful to be on the 29 and loop through Erin Mills. Easily adds 5 minutes to the trip.

According to miWay website, the new dates are posted there now.

Now, what one is right, the 2017 5 year plan or the website??

I am waiting for a reply to my question from MT, but Jan schedule of changes call for MT using Winston Churchill Jan 4 and that would be the 109.

The last time I saw Winston Churchill, it could open before the end of the year or sooner. I am assuming GO will start using it in Jan 2017 and that should be the same time as MT 109 moving there as well.

As for the new extension, Ridgeway station was part of the 2004 EA and don't expect to see a station under Metrolinx EA west from Winston Churchill. Because of cost, Ridgeway was cut from the current plan, but provision for a future one may not be allow for since MT has no service going that far unless a new route is added. GO will not servicing a Ridgeway station if one was built under the old 2004 EA, but may if one is built. It will continue west to connect with 407 for both direction. This will cut GO run time about 5 minutes.

If the construction timetable is to be met, the EA has to get underway in Dec this year or Jan 2017 to meet a fall construction start up.

When the 100 starts, it will start at South Common Mall, then Winston Churchill and then east every 10-15 minutes.

Come Sept-Nov 2017, 22 new Express buses will be put into service in 2017, not the plan Jan 2018. The other 52 buses will be replacement buses for the 2003 fleet in 2018 at this time.

As for Infrastructure Improvement: Page 32
Some surprise here as well huge cost. Underground crossing is new and costly. Will need ramps in place of elevators.

Never understand why washrooms weren't built when they rebuilt the Malton terminal to the point the ward councilors wants it to be done. As for the satellite garage, that was supposed to happen in 2011 and has been defer yearly since then, as well long over due.

Not sure what will take place for South Common Mall since it is on dead watch these days to be redevelop.

As for the so call Downtown terminal, it needs to be design to handle 125,000 daily and I have been calling for one Hub for close to 10 years using these numbers. It sees over 50,000 today and was design for 25,000 when built. This will be part of the LRT design

Not sure if the plan is still in place, but layover bays are to be remove on most routes.

Meadowvale Terminal is supposed to be redevelop as well relocated.

As for headway time in the budget, its only for peak time and my route is supposed to be 6-10. Today headway was cut from 10-11 to 9 at peak and 18 to 14 just over a year ago. As of Jan 4, it will be 10 peak and 16 off peak to the point a bus has been removed. This is 4th highest ridership route in the system with many crush and close doors buses at various times of the day. They need to rethink the headway system wide since it will have a huge impact on riders as well growth. Need more weekend end service

Drove by Cawthra and Dixie stations today with 4 vehicles at Cawthra and 1 at Dixie.

The roadway for the next phase for Feb opening is pave and mark from Etobicoke Creek to Commerce Rd. The new off/on ramp for this section will be at Commerce Rd.

A hell lot of exterior and interior to be done for both stations with Orbitor ahead of Spectrum, considering Spectrum was built before Orbitor. Going to be tight to get this done in less than 3 months before the plan opening or it will be delay.

Steel is going up for the street entrance for Renforth, but a lot of work is still to be done for both levels.

The road is pave for Renforth Rd, but not finish to move the bypass onto it. Once that happens, then the bypass can be remove to allow the area to be built. No place to park as as well time to get a closer look at that area.

What struck me odd is there are platform pads on both side of the ramp to/from the transitway at Commerce Rd, as well building layover bays on Commerce Rd going northbound.

Have photos, but no idea when I will have them on line as I am still working on the last batch of Oct 15 photos and still about 3,000 to deal with yet.

Some teasers out of order and non fix
30435311763_67fe663c3f_h.jpg

31099052962_40141b933b_h.jpg

30435318603_8afeb39906_h.jpg

31242973155_ed234a533d_h.jpg

30875331910_1df92b7e1f_h.jpg

31242982305_1319b6b407_h.jpg

31242987295_621091e986_h.jpg

Nov 27
Based on what I saw today, 99% completed for Winston Churchill station with some electrical work still to be done.

Crew working inside the washroom building.

No walkway has been built where one is supposed to go and fence off. Steel post going in along the north property line for a sound barrier wall. By the look of things, no access to the station from the ring road next to it. Long walk to get to the station for anyone living in the area.

Because of the location of Winston Churchill station and the original plan Ridgeway Station, can't see one being built for Ridgeway anytime soon.

As for the extension to the 407, a underpass will have to be built for Ridgeway. Otherwise, a to/from the 407 connection will have to see a flyover or underpass be built for the connection to the expansion Transitway.

The Meadowvale TC should be closed, as it isn't a logical end or beginning point of any routes.

Say what? What's with this trend of taking transit terminals away from shopping and residential centres and placing them in the middle of nowhere? Mississauga's departure from the hub-and-spoke model is hurting network connectivity.

It's disappointing to me, for instance, that the 109 will no longer directly serve either Credit Valley Hospital nor Erin Mills Town Centre, two major nodes, and now everyone will be forced to transfer onto the infrequent 48 bus to continue their travels northwards from the Transitway.

Say what? What's with this trend of taking transit terminals away from shopping and residential centres and placing them in the middle of nowhere? Mississauga's departure from the hub-and-spoke model is hurting network connectivity.

It's disappointing to me, for instance, that the 109 will no longer directly serve either Credit Valley Hospital nor Erin Mills Town Centre, two major nodes, and now everyone will be forced to transfer onto the infrequent 48 bus to continue their travels northwards from the Transitway.

Or transfer at Square One to the Eglinton West bus. The Transitway follows a convenient path of least resistance, but except for the Airport Corporate Centre (and that's arguable, given how spread out most jobs are there) and MCC, it doesn't connect to any trip generators. Erin Mills station is a wasteland, with a highway on one side, a pedestrian-unfriendly parclo on another side, and single family houses with a fence. But you can build a parking lot there!

Last edited:

Meadowvale Town Centre isn't a major mall anymore. Routes like 42, 45, and 48 should continue past it, and the others can loop on-street. The mall is only a major terminal due to forced transfers. TTC buses don't generally divert or loop at malls, even far from subway stations.

Back