News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

St Lawrence Market

The former beauty supply store on Front Street East east of Church that was going to be a Tilley store has now opened; It IS a shoe store.

Last edited:
New pizza place apparantley coming to 106 Front East
http://angeloscoalfiredpizzas.com/

I love pizza as much as the next guy, but what's with the mass proliferation of Italian and pizza places in the neighbourhood?

I mean, within a 15 minute walk from my door I can visit:
- Fusaro's
- Mangi & Bevi
- Ardo
- Eat True True
- Uncle Tony's
- Cresta
- Bellissimo
- G is for Gelato
- Magic Oven
- Terroni

... in addition to all the usual chain suspects like Pizza Nova or Pizza Pizza. It puzzles me that someone would look at this neighbourhood and say, "you know what this area needs? Pizza!" Surely they must simply be cannibalizing each others' business at this point. Meanwhile, options for most other types of food are much more limited unless I get on a streetcar.

"Urbinz" has opened and it's essentially a very limited Kitchen Stuff Plus with some maple syrup and other gift shop crap at the front. Useful if you need a new lunch container for the office, I guess. Skip it and visit Winners down the street or Placewares in the market.

"Urbinz" has opened and it's essentially a very limited Kitchen Stuff Plus with some maple syrup and other gift shop crap at the front. Useful if you need a new lunch container for the office, I guess. Skip it and visit Winners down the street or Placewares in the market.

We actually liked Urbinz quite a bit and picked up a few things for the condo, a lot of the stuff seems pretty decent quality even they sell mainly smaller gadgets and are not a full kitchenware store, which they don't claim to be. It is quite similar to Placewares but less cramped and with better hours and prices, at least at a glance.

Winners is really hit-and-miss in terms of what they have in stock, sure you can snag good deals but if you go looking for one specific thing you'll leave empty-handed as often as not.

For full-on kitchen and household supplies there's the new slickly renovated floor at the Queen St. Bay (I think it's the 8th floor, can't recall) or the Bed Bath Beyond up at Yonge/Gerrard.

Regardless, I'm always a fan of more competition, keeps everyone honest and prices reasonable.

Nice - the May 26th public meeting actually got the proposed concept for the park:

https://stjamesparkmasterplan.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/160526-sjp-presentation.pdf

AoD
The latest design was very well received and the designers and Parks staff clearly took note of the comments made at the earlier Public Meeting where there was a fear that the Park was becoming a Pavilion surrounded by a small(er) park rather than remaining a small park with a pavilion!

NOTE TO MODS. Though the St James Park make -over is far less elaborate/complete that the Berczy Park one I suggest you may want to set up a separate page for it?? If so these two posts could be moved there.

In the Buildings section? @DSC

Back