News   Mar 28, 2024
 56     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Tragic to see road crews descend into Yorkville as soon as the first spring buds appear, and they look poised to camp out until Fall. What is the city thinking allowing slow moving unionized road reconstruction during the only months Yorkville can pay its bills? I'm not a retailer, but its infuriating.

They've been going through the Annex and all around Yorkville the past couple of years replacing pipes. It's gotta happen sometime.

In addition, I believe they are updating the roadway to match the interlocking brick that is not in front of the Four Seasons and Yorkville Fire Station & library. I bet it'll look good.

They've been going through the Annex and all around Yorkville the past couple of years replacing pipes. It's gotta happen sometime.

In addition, I believe they are updating the roadway to match the interlocking brick that is not in front of the Four Seasons and Yorkville Fire Station & library. I bet it'll look good.

I stand corrected, thank you. So the work is more substantial than I thought. End of June would be great.

I stand corrected, thank you. So the work is more substantial than I thought. End of June would be great.

New interlocking brick can already be seen on the sidewalk in front of the 140 Yorkville/33 Avenue Road site (gonna get torn up whenever that development makes its way through OMB & council. Or not.).

Hearing that Dior has signed a lease on Bloor. Thoughts on location? 9West?

Also brunello cucinelli can't seem to find space on Bloor that meets their standards...

Hearing that Dior has signed a lease on Bloor. Thoughts on location? 9West?

Also brunello cucinelli can't seem to find space on Bloor that meets their standards...

Is it possible that they would be taking the Porche Design and/or Guess after Warhol leaves? Any word on the old MAC spot yet? I can't believe it's been empty for YEARS.

Prada will substantially expand its Bloor Street store, taking over space currently occupied by The Japan Foundation: http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2015/6/prada

It may also open a streetfront concession at Holt's, as discussed in the article.
Exciting news about the expansion - the article also mentions that Chanel may seek to expand into part of the space currently occupied by the Japan Foundation. I must admist though, I don't quite understand expanding both their flag ship store and their leased boutiques at Holt's, just down the street.

Exciting news about the expansion - the article also mentions that Chanel may seek to expand into part of the space currently occupied by the Japan Foundation. I must admist though, I don't quite understand expanding both their flag ship store and their leased boutiques at Holt's, just down the street.

We were told that Prada could be 17,000 sq ft - therefore possibly taking all of the Japan Foundation. Not sure exactly what's up with Chanel - sources indicated that not only could it take "some" JF space, it could move into Coach's space as well -- but Coach is undergoing a renovation so that seems unlikely. It could end up that Prada takes the entire JP space.

Holt's will look to profile its 'best' brands with bigger and better spaces. Saks might have something to do with that.

Back