News   Mar 28, 2024
 79     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 168     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 245     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Apologies if this is old news now, but has anyone heard anything about Eataly opening 75,000 sq ft in Manulife? Matt Slutsky of BBH mentioned it about a month ago. Others have heard this rumour as well.

That store, Louis XIII, on Yorkville Ave beside Ebillion has closed and there are no lease signs up. I assume that means it's already leased.

Apologies if this is old news now, but has anyone heard anything about Eataly opening 75,000 sq ft in Manulife? Matt Slutsky of BBH mentioned it about a month ago. Others have heard this rumour as well.

Would the Ashely's store leave as part of that ? I'd be sad to see that go.

I have not, but where? Is Ashley's moving? Is Mrs. Schwartz closing her tchotchke shop's Manulife location?

Looks like the old Bru spot has been leased.

https://instagram.com/p/2jdNnFyFE6/

Was that espresso bar supposed to be a pop-up? It barely lasted half a year.

Re Ashley's: If they move, wouldn't Indigo have to go as well? And Bloor Street Diner?

Interesting. I wonder what the Loblaw's lease says about competitors?

Only rumours...........

But its possible that Eataly was looking for a Canadian partner w/grocery experience.....

Its possible that partner was George Weston Ltd.

Parent of Loblaws and Holts

Which might explain a location that would be very close to Holts, in fact w/a direct connection.

The above is supposition based on discussions here about Cumberland Terrace, 2 Bloor West and the current Holts site, plus discussion over at Retail Insider.

Just a wild guess though....

Only rumours...........

But its possible that Eataly was looking for a Canadian partner w/grocery experience.....

Its possible that partner was George Weston Ltd.

Parent of Loblaws and Holts

Which might explain a location that would be very close to Holts, in fact w/a direct connection.

The above is supposition based on discussions here about Cumberland Terrace, 2 Bloor West and the current Holts site, plus discussion over at Retail Insider.

Just a wild guess though....

It's no longer a secret that Selfridges Group has partnered with Eataly. Your speculation is pretty accurate, as are some of the comments above.

http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2014/10/eataly

Eataly's CEO is speaking at a major Canadian retail conference in Toronto at 9:30am on Wednesday, June 3. Some speculate that he may discuss the new Toronto location.

Tragic to see road crews descend into Yorkville as soon as the first spring buds appear, and they look poised to camp out until Fall. What is the city thinking allowing slow moving unionized road reconstruction during the only months Yorkville can pay its bills? I'm not a retailer, but its infuriating.

I read on their newsletter that they are going to be done by the end of June. I'm staying at the hazelton end of July. Should I change it??? I'm there all weekend.

Back