News   May 06, 2024
 468     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 516     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.4K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Toronto is used to the Yonge University line being in a U shape. I suggest putting a small incline on some of the lines. (Also, I "renumbered" the lines since numbers would be used for the actual stations, as well as the names).

ttc.jpg

Attachments

• ttc.jpg
    ttc.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 359
Seen it on the new subway map today found on the T1 trains. It replaced whatever was on the left side of the map.
Nothing was on the left side of the map asides from the map, unless you mean the right side where you would find the train's emergency evaluation procedures and exits. It's also possible the map was shifted to fit in the station info.

Nothing was on the left side of the map asides from the map, unless you mean the right side where you would find the train's emergency evaluation procedures and exits. It's also possible the map was shifted to fit in the station info.
You're right. The current version don't. I'm thinking of a much older version where they did have info about safety and DWA.

I saw one of the new maps on a Toronto Rocket train today laos the buses servicing Downsview now call it Sheppard West plus the 199 York University Rocket coming from Sheppard West now says York University via Shared West formerly Downsview unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good video or picture of the later but did get one of the new map. It looks lie they will have to change it again though once the line goes into service though.

34217247711_6be32691ec_z_d.jpg

I still shake my head whenever I board a TR and see that cheesy, hardwired map that will have to be hand-changed when TYSSE opens. Why TTC didn't specify a screen-type disolay I will never fathom.
At least the Line 2 extension to STC will only require one additional LED per map!

- Paul

I still shake my head whenever I board a TR and see that cheesy, hardwired map that will have to be hand-changed when TYSSE opens. Why TTC didn't specify a screen-type disolay I will never fathom.
At least the Line 2 extension to STC will only require one additional LED per map!

- Paul
It probably came down to cost and alos available technology at the time they were designed plus the LEDS wee already in place behind the amp for the extins however they will have to add new ones for the Eglinton crosstown line once it opens, same with Finch West.

19698242048_a055456525_z_d.jpg

- Paul
We don't even get a lot of new lines opening. LEDs are good enough when we get a new line every 5 to 10 years. By the time the TRs are at the end of life, they would have only received 4 or 5 additional. TYSSE this year, Crosstown and Finch in 2021, Scarborough Subway and Crosstown West/East in 2026?, Relief Line and maybe Yonge extension in 2031 and Sheppard extension or another line in 2036??

Trains are near end of life by 2041-2046 assuming they survive 30 years. Sheppard extension might not even happen. If it's either relief line extension or Sheppard, it's not going to be Sheppard.

They don't really need to add lights for the Eglinton and Finch West lines. There's already a light for the Scarborough extension (presumably easy enough to cover the bulbs for Line 3 if it closes). So we are into the Downtown/Yonge extension period. No big deal.

The elevator at QQ Station seems to have CONSTANT problems... It's new too.

Elevator Alert: Queen's Quay Station, streetcar platform to street level, out of service until June 16, 2017, due to construction.

Last updated Apr 29, 1:53 PM

The elevator at QQ Station seems to have CONSTANT problems... It's new too.

Elevator Alert: Queen's Quay Station, streetcar platform to street level, out of service until June 16, 2017, due to construction.

Last updated Apr 29, 1:53 PM
The problem is it isn't owned by the TTC it's owned by the building it's nearby. It's convent to have but it's a lot easier to get around not using it over ones at subway stations not working as you just need to go a little ways down Queens Quay to Harbourfront Centre to get on the Streetcar there instead.

The problem is it isn't owned by the TTC it's owned by the building it's nearby. It's convent to have but it's a lot easier to get around not using it over ones at subway stations not working as you just need to go a little ways down Queens Quay to Harbourfront Centre to get on the Streetcar there instead.
If you have mobility problems walking to QQ and York or down the stairs is not as easy as you seem to think. You and I can do it but many can't. If it belongs to the building then they need to fix it properly, I assume they had to install it due to a condition for building.

If you have mobility problems walking to QQ and York or down the stairs is not as easy as you seem to think. You and I can do it but many can't. If it belongs to the building then they need to fix it properly, I assume they had to install it due to a condition for building.
The TTC used to own the elevator but a new company took over the building and because the elevator sits on their land much the same way how the elevators for Dundas are inside of the Eaton Centre and the parking garage for Dundas Square the TTC doesn't have much say in how they are maintained. The TTC can ask them to repair it but it's up to them to do. Queens Quay doesn't relly receive much traffic for it to be a huge problem but your point is understandable that it is an inconvenience for those that need it just not as bad if one of the elevators say at Victoria park are down then you have to go to another station change trains and head back the opposite direction whereas if your destination is along Queens Quay going an extra stop isn't as bad.

but to add to my earlier post, apparently 8621 and 8622 are now at Eglinton.
(Source: https://cptdb.ca/topic/16058-ttc-nova-bus-deliveries/?do=findComment&comment=766475)

EDIT: I wish the TTC had painted the grille above the rear window area red, like the rest of the stripes. I also wish they had gotten the red plastic around the rear brake/turn lights (and a rear window).

179401112.jpg

url

Nova doesn't paint their buses save for the base coat. The paint scheme on the buses thus is wrapped, and not painted - and apparently the wrap doesn't do so well with the high-temperatures seen on the radiator area.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back