News   May 27, 2024
 828     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 744     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 4.5K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Eastern crossing of what? The others (other than Western Crossing) I can at least see the logic, and have some geographical sense to them. But I live near this one - and I don't think it's got any meaning to anyone around it. Eastern is further south and changes name to Kingston Road at Queen.
It has nothing to do with Eastern Avenue. I was just trying to find a way to highlight the fact that it sort of is (and will further become) the equivalent of Dundas West, but on the east-end and is a transfer spot between subway and regional rails. They are like two very mini Union Stations and should maybe be highlighted differently in the system. This would involve unifying the GO and TTC names, and on the west unifying the GO, TTC and UPX names. Eastern Junction and Western Junction could also work.

New York MTA to buy 200 TTC Orion VIIs as a stopgap for L Train subway shuttle.
This is good news, our VIIs will get a second lease on life, however short it will be.

(EDIT: I can't wait to see these buses in MTA livery. I assume all they need to do is replace the red vinyl stripes with blue ones, and American flags on the rear windows, of course.)

...apparently the wrap doesn't do so well with the high-temperatures seen on the radiator area.
That makes sense, I knew the buses were wrapped, not painted. It's just a shame (IMO) that they didn't get the red plastic around the brake/turn lights (like STM did), to compensate for the lack of red on the rear of the bus.

Last edited:
thought this was amusing

upload_2017-5-1_17-27-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-1_17-27-13.png
    upload_2017-5-1_17-27-13.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 254
Anyone else noticed those black bars on the windows of the subway trains being installed?
I took a closer look yesterday on a T1 trains and it looks like and it looks like they want the train's windows to provide information on the line and direction like this:
dpc_q_train_subway_window1.jpg

It has nothing to do with Eastern Avenue. I was just trying to find a way to highlight the fact that it sort of is (and will further become) the equivalent of Dundas West, but on the east-end and is a transfer spot between subway and regional rails. They are like two very mini Union Stations and should maybe be highlighted differently in the system. This would involve unifying the GO and TTC names, and on the west unifying the GO, TTC and UPX names. Eastern Junction and Western Junction could also work.
Though there is no crossing or Junction. If you want a single name, it would be Main Street.

In terms of the proposed RER service, the crossing doesn't occur until Kennedy station. Which appears as though it will be a major transfer point one day, with ultimately 3 different lines passing through it (GO/SmartTrack, Line 2, Crosstown).

Anyone else noticed those black bars on the windows of the subway trains being installed?
They've been there for a while now on certain cars. The TTC's signs are worse since they decided to cram the information into the destination sign, something to the effect of: "Line 1 to Downsview".

I took a closer look yesterday on a T1 trains and it looks like and it looks like they want the train's windows to provide information on the line and direction like this:
dpc_q_train_subway_window1.jpg
Yes they have a couple of test trains out it's part of the disability access program they will also have external audio enactments of what line the train is one. They are similar to the ones the new streetcars have and anouncments that buss and streetcars make from time to time about what rout they are on.

Fun and games on the streetcar routes. Despite the new service summary saying 511 will get 9 ALRVs and 504 only get them for trippers, all available ALRVs have been running on 504 the last couple of days as far as can be discerned. 511 has been struggling with 9 CLRVs, a substantial reduction in capacity.

EDIT: Bathurst has its artics now. https://twitter.com/TTCplanning/status/861993722560618499

Last edited:

Back