News   May 06, 2024
 405     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 996     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 649     1 

TTC: Cherry Street reconstruction and streetcar trackage (City of Toronto/TTC, U/C)

I just realized they are not allowing right hand turns from NB Cherry to EB Mill, Font or Eastern. Seems like a good safety measure for bikes and streetcars.
I suspect this not permanent and the signage at Mill and Front right turns is because Mill and Front east of Cherry are closed until May (?); they DO allow right-turns at Eastern. I suspect that when the streets open and the 514 streetcar runs they will restrict all to a separate light and make all no right turn on red.

I suspect this not permanent and the signage at Mill and Front right turns is because Mill and Front east of Cherry are closed until May (?); they DO allow right-turns at Eastern.
They built a turn lane from NB Cherry to EB Front, that has to cross the bike lane. I'm not sure they they'd have installed no right-turn signs -perhaps this is for if you are in the through lane, not the turn lane? I've already seen cars turning from NB Front to EB Eastern, from the through lane rather than the turn lane.

They built a turn lane from NB Cherry to EB Front, that has to cross the bike lane. I'm not sure they they'd have installed no right-turn signs -perhaps this is for if you are in the through lane, not the turn lane? I've already seen cars turning from NB Front to EB Eastern, from the through lane rather than the turn lane.

I did not even realize that at Front, I was going off of Google streetview as it has signs that are wrapped in the same location on the traffic light. Most likely they are 'no right on red', same at Eastern.

Dec 5

First visit to the area since June

Not Right turns are posted at Mills for north bound and no turning on red at Front in all direction. This has been the plan from day one.

Ford has replace the car dealership at King and parking in the ROW like the past.

Overhead in place from King to the overpass. Support in place for the Wire Line from the overpass to Eastern. Wire strung between poles from Eastern to the Loop. The Loop is 75% strung.

The last of the concrete for the loop has been pour and waiting the stone work. Landscaping been worked on in the loop.
23473600782_3b25b06d5b_b.jpg

23499726821_65d27afc08_b.jpg

22953928424_bf975ea00f_b.jpg

22953921814_603f548bbb_b.jpg

23473582262_889936ff8a_b.jpg

23499711031_3b7fd47c2d_b.jpg

23286396960_bf3bde6b88_b.jpg

That has to be the first Ford dealership downtown in a long time. As in since the one on Bay shut down.

Does anyone know why the bike lanes weren't separated?

Does anyone know why the bike lanes weren't separated?
Never was plan for because of width restriction as well by Transportation.

It looks like Toronto is going to take another look at closing King Street down for automobile traffic.

Article:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...-redesign-king-street-and-quickly-keenan.html .

The article says the changes could reach from Liberty Village to the Distillery District. If Liberty Village to the Distillery District means from Dufferin to Cherry Street, Toronto could essentially have a downtown core East-West LRT/ROW streetcar route. The TTC is looking at a new route, the 514, to run from Dufferin Loop to the Cherry Branch, which would follow this new ROW idea. I'd say this is a great quick win for Toronto.

Back