Toronto Yorkville Village (was Hazelton Lanes) | ?m | ?s | First Capital | Kasian

Is this part of the makeover?

IMG_6769.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6769.JPG
    IMG_6769.JPG
    491.2 KB · Views: 1,378
This is the new entrance off Yorkville Ave. Most definitely part of the redevelopment.

I wouldn't say it's running out of steam. Some of the stores surrounding the new south atrium (where the courtyard used to be) have recentlyopened (Andrews, Judith & Charles, maybe others) and they even have Christmas decorations in the new space. The new Yorkville Avenue entrance will open up directly into that atrium, but is not open yet. They've started gutting large portions of the parking garage, which makes shopping at Whole Foods more of a challenge than usual. Works seems to be progressing on the Avenue Road frontage.

But, yeah, it seems to be taking a long time.

A few updates from this afternoon.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 794
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 770
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    775.3 KB · Views: 761
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 839
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 740
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 786
A few from the interior.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    692.5 KB · Views: 751
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    642.5 KB · Views: 749
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    703.5 KB · Views: 730
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    909.8 KB · Views: 749
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    730.6 KB · Views: 776
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    920.9 KB · Views: 734
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 749
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    536.4 KB · Views: 740
Looks like every other mall. It used to have personality before.

I think I said the same thing on this thread a while back when the interior renderings were first made available. I certainly thought it when I was there before Christmas and saw the new space. The interiors are dull. Functionally, the revised entrance(s) on Avenue Road, plus the new entrance on Yorkville, will be a great improvement, but design-wise the Avenue facade seems unambitious and cheap. It screams Class B office building, not luxury retail.

Last edited:
Hazelton Lanes lost personality some 20 years ago when they closed the skating rink and (original) restaurant. The one which opened afterwards, which was more like a lounge (what was its name again? I remember going to a few parties there) kind of sucked.

There was an amazing Mexican restaurant with nightly entertainment in the courtyard. Must've been early to mid 90s?

Maybe it was before that? My mom started taking me down to Hazelton Lanes around '93 or '94 (I was in Grade 8 or 9) for weekend shopping and we'd often eat at the courtyard restaurant. It was definitely a "regular" place with menu items such as burgers, lasagna, etc... The waiters were kind of cute, from what I recall :). The food started going downhill in the late 90s or so and once, I had COLD LASAGNA (it was CLEARLY made earlier and frozen).

Maybe it was before that? My mom started taking me down to Hazelton Lanes around '93 or '94 (I was in Grade 8 or 9) for weekend shopping and we'd often eat at the courtyard restaurant. It was definitely a "regular" place with menu items such as burgers, lasagna, etc... The waiters were kind of cute, from what I recall :). The food started going downhill in the late 90s or so and once, I had COLD LASAGNA (it was CLEARLY made earlier and frozen).
Ya I went once with my mom - back when the Classical Record Shop was down there.. It opened and closed rather suddenly - much to our chagrin. It was definitely Mexican though.

Back