Toronto Yorkville Village (was Hazelton Lanes) | ?m | ?s | First Capital | Kasian

Horrible name and ugly logo. It looks like something out of the 70s. WHY????!!!

In the excellent NEWS overview of upcoming Yorkville projects this reference to WholeFoods appeared:

"Changes will include a major expansion of Whole Foods via the creation of a 50,000 sq. ft. flagship food emporium to be complete with gourmet take out and dine in facilities"

Is there any more information on this, it's a brilliant idea. There are many prosperous people close by looking for something between formal high-end dining and cheap takeout down on Bloor. This would work very well I think, especially as the Fitness Club gears up and people want take out afterwards. I'd say they would get a lot of mid-day traffic, there aren't any other 12 seasons spots to while away an afternoon in the area.

Exciting news!!

Last edited:
I used to eat at the Whole Foods in Columbus Circle, it was always packed and an excellent healthy option on the run.

I used to eat at the Whole Foods in Columbus Circle, it was always packed and an excellent healthy option on the run.

I didn't find the Columbus Circle warm food buffet to be vastly better than what we have here. It sounds like something bigger is being planned.

I didn't find the Columbus Circle warm food buffet to be vastly better than what we have here. It sounds like something bigger is being planned.

I suppose it's going to be more like the Yonge/Sheppard location - they have more quick serve/order-at-the-counter food than Yorkville - maybe even a juice bar (which I think Y/S has). I also wonder if they're moving Whole Hearth downstairs/making it two floors - they're directly above the old Brown's store, no? Perhaps they'll have seating upstairs and the food counters downstairs?).

E

The Bowery location had a whole little food court upstairs (in addition to the usual hot/cold buffet), if I recall correctly. WF stuff but also third-party vendors. Maybe they're thinking something like that.

Yes both Whole Foods and Loblaws are going to try their best and bring to market these "experiential" and "lifestyle" uses into their grocery spaces, but to me Eataly truly understands how this is done, and can't be matched.

I'm surprised that First Capital hasn't targeted brands like Tory Burch, Ted Baker to Yorkville Village. The not quite luxury brands that are looking for yorkville forntage but don't want to pay Bloor Street rents.

Taal/anyone who may know - who is going into Yorkville Village?

I'm surprised that First Capital hasn't targeted brands like Tory Burch, Ted Baker to Yorkville Village. The not quite luxury brands that are looking for yorkville forntage but don't want to pay Bloor Street rents.

Taal/anyone who may know - who is going into Yorkville Village?

I know for a fact that Judith&Charles will be opening a boutique there. They currently have stores at Bayview Village and FCP. Select pieces are also available at Holt's.

According to a binding arbitration decision released in May, the condo corporation’s lawyer first asked for $2,500 for each resident to cover two nights in a hotel. When First Capital’s lawyer countered with an offer of $350 a night, which he submitted would cover a deluxe king room at Yorkville’s five-star Hazelton Hotel, the condo’s corporation’s lawyer reacted with outrage.

“The people who live in 77 Avenue Rd., perhaps the most exclusive downtown neighbourhood in Toronto, are not homeless refugees or cattle to be herded en masse into ‘group rate’ hotel rooms,” he wrote, according to the arbitration ruling — again, referring to a deluxe king room at a hotel described as “the ultimate luxury” in Toronto. “This suggestion is disrespectful and offensive.”

Glorious.

IMG_3898.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3898.JPG
    IMG_3898.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 667

Back