Toronto Yorkville Village (was Hazelton Lanes) | ?m | ?s | First Capital | Kasian

I just looked at the hazelton lanes entrance. Right by the hotel. I must admit I like it a lot. Has a coolness factor to it.

Johnson Chou's courtyard interior must have been one of the shortest-lived architectural interventions ever. Here's how it looked in here last week:

P1380788.jpg

P1380789.jpg

Attachments

• P1380788.jpg
    P1380788.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,868
  • P1380789.jpg
    P1380789.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,836
I have say, each iteration of Hazelton Lane made it look worse than before - there is something to be said about the warmth and "soul" of the original interior (and the courtyard with the skating rink was great). The white drywall mall aesthetic fad is so unoriginal - it is hot when Apple does it (they can handle minimalism), but I think the rest of the adopters missed the point and made it look cheap.

AoD

I have say, each iteration of Hazelton Lane made it look worse than before - there is something to be said about the warmth and "soul" of the original interior (and the courtyard with the skating rink was great). The white drywall mall aesthetic fad is so unoriginal - it is hot when Apple does it (they can handle minimalism), but I think the rest of the adopters missed the point and made it look cheap.

AoD

Miss the skating rink and the courtyard! Haven't thought about it in years. I remain skeptical as to whether the renovations are really going to help revitalize Hazelton Lanes.

This is being rebranded as Yorkville Village. There is a new video in the mall and no where in it is 140 Yorkville. They leave that site as is in the video. It looks like there will be a cafe & mall entrance adjacent to the Hazelton Hotel that has a large garage door like entrance that can open up in the summer.

Is what you are saying that Hazelton Lanes will now be called Yorkville Village?

I believe so, although first capital also owns the anthropologist and diesel sites too, which may refer to the Yorkville village. I did not notice Hazelton anywhere in the video.

Last edited:
That mall looks very generic and boring. It needs some colour and a bit of creativity. There is no wow factor at all. The walls look like drywall. I expect better for Yorkville.

Doesn't look like an high-end mall. Looks like just about every other newly renovated suburban shopping mall.

Back