Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Do tell, good sir, what would be so "terrible" about an erotic, pink building?

Agreed ProjectEnd, I don't have a problem with the pink. Is bold and the sales office will really standout on Charles. And if anything, their pink choice is causing a lot of talk. Maybe this one of the reasons for the colour selection. It seems to be working as I lost track of how many pages on the forum are already dedicated to this "pink" vs. the layouts or prices that were released for the real estate sale.

in response to your comment, although this should be in the RE section.

not much to say about the floorplans except meh ...
i can't believe 2 bedroom 800/900 SF units can call a 9 ft x 10 ft space a 'master bedroom';
there is no distinct DR space, just an integrated table attached to the island (which isn't a bad feature and at least it's standard);
the artists rendering for the bathroom and kitchen looks nice; however, they feature upgrades (disclaimer in fine print);
i notice they list 'pre-engineered flooring' but no mention of hardwood so that could mean laminate;

prices at $500 PSF seem in line with the area.

they must be holding out all units above 36 floor.

I find it odd that X2 seems comprised of two separate structures, with west-facing windows in the podium staring into east-facing ones in the high rise. Based on the rendering, X2 appears to be a duplicate of X, with a mini-X (sub X?) beside it.

Last edited:
I find it odd that X2 seems comprised of two separate structures, with west-facing windows in the podium staring into east-facing ones in the high rise. Based on the rendering, X2 appears to be a duplicate of X, with a mini-X (sub X?) beside it.

I dont think its two structures, but a recess articulates where the two volumes (9s/ 42s) meet.....

There will be retail at grade, perhaps fronting on Jarvis. Anybody know what tenant or tenants are expected?

Last edited:
A Subway, a dry cleaners, and a Second Cup/Starbucks/Tim Hortons.

Both subway and starbucks are right beside X (near the corner of Jarvis/bloor). Second cup and Tims are both by bloor and jarvis also.

Wouldnt mind a nice restaurant, or pub/sports bar there though.

An LCBO would be great, any kind of higher end grocery store would serve the building justice, as practical as they are, I'd hate to see dry cleaners, convenience stores etc ruin the esthetics of the building.

The initial plans though are for a grocery store so it'll just depend on which one.

Nov. 7th Update

The former Pizza Pizza offices now have eye-catching billboards installed facing both Jarvis and Charles Streets (great exposure). The former X sales office continues it's colourful upgrade, forever hiding the beautiful Victorian beneath.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back