Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

It's nice to see some variation over X. One aspect of the T-D Centre I wish the developer would have been inspired by is the sleekness of not having a mechanical structure on the roof.

It's a necessary evil however it's a shame that fins weren't extended up to hide the mechanical penthouse from view. The same applies to X.

What Tridel and Minto are doing for the environment? Marketing gimicks.

"By integrating energy efficiency at the construction stages, we're reducing the amount of carbon dioxide produced... Minto's greenhouse gas reduction in Ontario is the equivalent of planting 1.65 million trees annually...

Our buildings use significantly less energy than other condos, which translates (into savings) into the pockets of the condo owners. Our condos in Yorkville use 22 per cent less energy than a standard condo) and Minto Gardens, at Yonge and Sheppard Sts, use 27 per cent less energy, without compromising people's styles."

- Andrew Pride, vice-president of energy management

Toronto Star 2 April 2005, p. P10.

Nov. 14th

X2 has changed the advertising along the Charles Street hoarding around X from promoting X, to X2.

As an aside, I saw several couples wandering around again today scoping out X with X2 sales brochures in hand.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

What's going on with the hoarding around the sales office, I have no idea. The pink has been painted out to white.

Nice shots dt ^^^

hmmm.... could it be they are re-locating the sales office to X condo (phase 1) itself?... Because it would cut down on costs/limitations of the old one...

I was thinking the other day, as nice as the pool area is, directly South is a run-down looking condo. So the views will not be that great from the pool. Too bad they did not add on a few more floors to beat out the height.

X1 at least will have the church and X2 as their views.

4120132637_9ea7eb73c8.jpg

I was thinking the other day, as nice as the pool area is, directly South is a run-down looking condo. So the views will not be that great from the pool. Too bad they did not add on a few more floors to beat out the height.

X1 at least will have the church and X2 as their views.

Those are 1950's apartment complexes and they're not run down. The outside of the buildings are fairly well maintained as are the grounds in the summer. They're just old and somewhat unremarkable.

Those are 1950's apartment complexes and they're not run down. The outside of the buildings are fairly well maintained as are the grounds in the summer. They're just old and somewhat unremarkable.

ANNNND... They have huge one bedroom suites with actual defined dining rooms and REAL kitchens! Suck on that 480sq ft condo!!!!

:D:D:D:D

this is just hilarious. cat fights break out over X2!

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...nother-condo-line-battle-on-bloor-street.aspx

Another day, another condo-line battle on Bloor Street
Posted November 25, 2009, 6:14 PM

By Peter Kuitenbrouwer

A street fight broke out this morning on tony Bloor Street among real estate agents vying for position in a line to buy condominiums in a tower promoted by Baker Real Estate. Hmm. Haven’t you heard that one before?
Today's clash next to the Royal Ontario Museum brought the press scrambling and gave the developer, Great Gulf Homes, a torrent of free publicity. It came two years almost to the day after a confrontation among agents lining up to buy units in the Bazis tower, an 80-storey building planned for the corner of Yonge and Bloor streets. Baker Real Estate marketed that project, too.

The Bazis drama now stands as a marker of an overheated real-estate market; not long after, a stock market crash claimed the life of Lehman Bros., the Bazis’ financier, and the Bazis project collapsed.

The latest skirmish on Bloor involves a plan by Great Gulf Homes for X2, a 44-storey condominium tower set for occupancy in 2013, at the southwest corner of Charles and Jarvis streets.

Rather than sell units out of the sales centre they are erecting on Charles Street, the developer invited agents to shop today at a conference room on the second floor of the Intercontinental Hotel, on Bloor Street West. Bruce Freeman, head of sales and marketing for Great Gulf, insisted he did not pick the location nor set up the process to increase visibility.

“We’re not trying to create any drama,†he said today. “I do not need this media exposure, believe me.â€

Baker Real Estate did not return my calls.

A lineup of agents, which Mr. Freeman says he could not control, formed 10 days ago on the north side of Bloor, outside the hotel. It’s a terrible place for a line, since the Intercontinental is sandwiched between two other condo towers going up, each of which takes up big parts of the sidewalk: One Bedford, now 27 storeys high, opening next year, and MuseumHouse, set to open in 2011.

Casey Lee, an agent with HomeLife NewWorld realty, joined the line a week ago. He said Baker encouraged him. “They gave us the brochure, and they said we will give the priority numbers to the agents based on first in, first served.†Yesterday, Baker asked the agents to move the line to the south side of Bloor, where there was more room, he said.

“Then at 11:30 p.m. last night all of a sudden people formed a new line on the north side of Bloor. The developer selected to recognize that line. And we 60 people lost our priority and I lost six days of work and this is why we are so angry.â€

There also appeared to be a racial edge to today’s conflict: the agents who lined up for 10 days, but whose line was not respected, were almost all Chinese; the line that the developer recognized included Hindi and Hebrew-speaking agents.

Tina Chen of RealOne Realty, one of a group of angry Chinese agents who held a news conference at 3 p.m. today to denounce the events, said their lawyer advised them against using the word “discrimination.â€

But Emily Wang, No. 17 in the original line, described the hardship. “I was here for 10 days,†she said. “My friends helped pick up my kids from school. I know some agents have a baby, three months, seven months, they carry their baby in the line.â€

There must be a better way. As another agent remarked, by lining up, “We are not respecting ourselves. We are behaving like refugees.â€

Inside the hotel, two police officers guarded the Willard Room where the developer was selling the units; two other police guarded the hotel’s front door. They would not speak to reporters.

One agent who was waiting in the second line, Philip Birnbaum, insisted that the fundamentals of the Toronto condo market are sound.

“The Trump, the Ritz, the Four Seasons, the Shangri La are all selling for $1,200 to $1,300 a square foot,†he said. “Toronto is one of the most desireable cities to live in in the world. Real estate has nowhere to go but up. We have problems, but they are minor compared to other cities.â€

I guess that’s one way to look at it. Lots of cities would be happy to have our kind of street fights.

The sales office continues to evolve, this is a building with an identity crisis! The top portion is still not complete. At night the entrance and the three areas of slats glow pink.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back