Toronto TCHC Block 32 Development | ?m | 41s | TCHC | KPMB

If we're gonna talk about looks here. I would prefer to be in absolute world condo but have it located downtown :p

Wow. The amount of navel gazing around here lately is pretty astonishing.

In answer to Torontovibe's question regarding the look/quality of the TCHC buildings at Cityplace, I think the real question is why he/she would assume that the TCHC building would be the one left 'cheapened' when the only 'developer' in the Railway Lands who isn't trying to turn a profit is the TCHC itself.

^ Cause poor people always get the shit end of the stick. It sucks society is like that.... but its the truth. I think its a perfectly valid assumption and I think we are all pleasantly surprised that it didnt occur here.... at least aesthetically... for now.

^ Cause poor people always get the shit end of the stick. It sucks society is like that.... but its the truth. I think its a perfectly valid assumption and I think we are all pleasantly surprised that it didnt occur here.... at least aesthetically... for now.

I saw one new TCHC building that has hardwood floors, central A/C, dishwashers and washers/dryers in the units - I'm pretty sure it's one of the new buildings over in Regent Park. That's not exactly the sh*t-end of the stick, it's as things should be.

definitely not the sh!t end... I can't even afford hardwood myself... I ended up with Laminate flooring. If only I could afford to live in a TCHC building...

Will this building help the future CityPlace buildings (Spectra, Quartz, etc) in terms of the vibrancy or excitement of the materials? I think CityPlace looks handsome.. and the TCHC is something that could only help improve on the future development of the neighbourhood.

More of October 07 photos are on line and they should all be up by tonight.

I noticed They have the sale sign up on this building for the Library District Condominiums of all things.

It looks like they are finally going to built the retraining wall along the rail corridor like the one to the east of it.
6267734337_ce1a93cb26_b.jpg

6268006713_6f01265412_b.jpg

6267787569_ff05dc6c64_b.jpg

6268359224_822e5fc204_b.jpg

6267910559_935234b7d2_b.jpg

6268542104_ef41d286a8_b.jpg

These comments are tiresome ... while this may indeed have the best base of any cityplace building to date there is a lot of merit to many of the other city place buildings (developed by concord) that I guratee you would be praized if they were build alone in any other part of the city.

Take the vertical strips of glass on Luna is it ? along the entire concave south face of the building ... it's stunning.

I agree, much of what is West of Spadina is very, very good. The darker glass, the curved surfaces are dramatic. And its not even complete.

The CityPlace sucks comments are tiresome ... while this may indeed have the best base of any cityplace building to date there is a lot of merit to many of the other CityPlace buildings (developed by concord) that I guratee you would be praized if they were build alone in any other part of the city. Take the vertical strips of glass on Luna along the entire concave south face of the building it's stunning!

Totally agree. I live in CityPlace and it's awesome. Well designed, well built, friendly community. All the negative comments are ridiculous.

Back