Toronto TCHC Block 32 Development | ?m | 41s | TCHC | KPMB

I'm really excited to see that the white panelling continues up the tower portion, I'd pretty much forgotten what this was supposed to look like. TCHC has definitely put up some of the city's most attractive buildings during this construction boom.

I'm happy to hear of dishwashers and washers and dryers being installed in some of the new TCHC buildings. Having exclusive access to a washer and dryer will definitely take the strain off of the laundry room facilities. And given that the city is about to raise a bit over half of the money needed to start making serious repairs to the exisiting TCHC buildings, perhaps this is the start of some better things about to come for the corporation's many residents who have had to put up with the irresponsible budgetary practises from years past. : )

I will also try to snap some photos to add to the thread if anyone's interested. Given that mixed income housing saved my family from the many unprofessional private landlords we came across previously, I can say that I have a bit of a personal interest in affordable housing, including the former city of Toronto non profit housing corporation also known as Cityhome. They built many great mixed income communities when it was around and in fact it is TCHC that has taken Cityhome's mixed income model even further and increased the ratio of market renters to rent geared to income tennants for the newer TCHC buildings. It will be great to see what this new building looks like when it is completed and I look forward to the other great things to come for TCHC and its residents now that the big decisions have finally been made to actually start tackling some of the corporation's massive $600 million repair backlog.

Bye for now. :)

That's good, because they would surely just turn into open air storage lockers and make the whole building look like garbage. I bet this was done on purpose.

Yup you are right RedRaptor ... didn't notice this on the rendering before, but indeed there were no balconies shown

tchc-1.jpg

That's good, because they would surely just turn into open air storage lockers and make the whole building look like garbage. I bet this was done on purpose.

Because people who live in TCHC housing are low-life slobs who don't try in life and don't earn what's given to them, right? /sarcasm

Let's be fair here. The renters at Cityplace aren't any better. I can take a picture tonight of N from my Luna balcony to show you the crap people store and Christmas lights from last year.

I think most TCHC residents "try" in life. I prefer people who try over rich kids who feel a sense of entitlement because mommy & daddy supports their lifestyle of being lazy.

Cityplace is full of rich kids who "don't give a sh!t" about anything except themselves.

Do any TCHC buildings have balconies? I find most public housing apt buildings don't. I think it's a cost thing rather than a 'social' thing.

This one would look great if the tower had inset balconies in between the white framing.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see a residential building go up without balconies... we don't get many like that.

This one would look great if the tower had inset balconies in between the white framing.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see a residential building go up without balconies... we don't get many like that.

Kinda like Traverso @ Lawrence/Dufferin? I love the idea of a deep, inset balcony but not sure how useful they'd be daylight-wise. Plus, I think the indoor living space is more valuable in this case than a blacony.
Plus doesn't this TCHC have a rooftop patio on the podiums? Plus there's 'Canoe' (Crap) Park.

Let's be fair here. The renters at Cityplace aren't any better. I can take a picture tonight of N from my Luna balcony to show you the crap people store and Christmas lights from last year.

How do you know which units are renters and which are not? Surely both renters and owners store items on their balconies. It's the job of Property Management to ensure that each unit follows the rules, whether you are a renter or an owner.

Back