Toronto TCHC Block 32 Development | ?m | 41s | TCHC | KPMB

August 7, 2011

6020298934_c9f4b3c1d3_b.jpg

Would be really nice, IMO, if they used some dark, dark grey windows for this bldg.. create some awesome contrast w/ the white panels.

Would be really nice, IMO, if they used some dark, dark grey windows for this bldg.. create some awesome contrast w/ the white panels.

How about black, instead of grey. Don't we have enough grey in this city alrady? I'd take black any day.

It's actually a very nice deep gray, not like the silver or pale blueish gray that's used in most Cityplace buildings.
The glazing is already going up on the west side of the building, but because the recessed balconies behind the white precast wall are pretty deep it's rather hard to see.
This is my favorite building at Cityplace yet.

The windows are dark grey... see the pic above

It's actually a very nice deep gray, not like the silver or pale blueish gray that's used in most Cityplace buildings.
The glazing is already going up on the west side of the building, but because the recessed balconies behind the white precast wall are pretty deep it's rather hard to see.
This is my favorite building at Cityplace yet.

I noticed this in person last night, actually. Is kinda hard to notice in the above pic until pointed out. Thanks! Can't wait to see the finished product.

What's going on w/ the TCHC Bldg w/ school beside the CityPlace Park? Is that still happening?

This hands down looks better than anything in Cityplace. I dare say this project will look stunning when completed.

I've liked this project since the cladding started going up, but it's nice to see it with glass now because it looks even better!

I like the grey (with a tinge of blue) spandrel and glass... reminds me of The MET. And there seems to be good attention to detail, like the inclusion of a horizontal strip that is lighter to designate where the floorplate is located between the glass on different floors.

The CityPlace haters will not admit that there's anything good about CityPlace, thus Block 32 is perfect because it's the 'anti-CityPlace'.

I think Block 32 looks great. I think a lot of CityPlace's building look great and the best is yet to come (the SkyBridge) and this community is only getting better.

Back