Toronto TCHC Block 32 Development | ?m | 41s | TCHC | KPMB

Pics taken July 12, 2011

7Ii00.jpg

LwQQK.jpg

They started to install the glass panels.

FzR8b.jpg

Last edited:
This complex needs another access point and Portland St. would help.

(King and Bathurst intersection is shut down for weeks and traffic is seeking every nook and cranny to get around. It's a nightmare for the residents.)

One access road doesn't cut it.

Stop treating downtown Toronto like its a town and give us a working infrastructure.

This part of the city is exploding with new buildings.

Pics taken July 15, 2011

BK58a.jpg

jJ9mr.jpg

sBYsk.jpg

AVB2s.jpg

w1Xju.jpg

Last edited:
This complex needs another access point and Portland St. would help.

Totally agree. If Regent Park or other subdivision have taught us anything it's that neighbourhoods shouldn't be cut off from the surround streets.

Fort York Blvd needs to run right through Bathurst ASAP with a streetcar line going down its middle. And Dan Leweki (sp?) Way should go right up and across the bridge and up Portland. Hopefully the first will happen soon and the next will happen in the near future. CityPlace needs to have main streets flowing through it and that will bring retail and people. Right now it's a bedroom community in the middle of the city. Mind you, a bedroom community filled with young, super hot, upwardly mobile people. :)

The original plan called for two access points through Cityplace, for both cars and pedestrians... the city decided a single pedestrian bridge would be sufficient.

Well we have 2 now Fort York Blvd and Dan Lewinsky Way. I guess in another year or two will have 3 (Bathurst).

I filmed this building on the weekend. The podium looks a lot bigger than the rendering. I like it.

[video]http://youtu.be/y8qAPy3U4tY[/video]

The original plan called for two access points through Cityplace, for both cars and pedestrians... the city decided a single pedestrian bridge would be sufficient.

From what I recall, GO wasn't going to make any bridge project easy.

Back