News   May 07, 2024
 528     1 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
What the hell is a blow dry bar?

It's where guys who look like this hang out
glen-campbell.jpg

Visted the Burberry store at Yorkdale last weekend, I am so pleased. It is everything I wanted it to be!

The store is comprised of 6 rooms, the first room on the right half of the store is women's handbags and small leather accessories, among other trinkets such as umbrellas. The next room has women's shoes, and clothing, with more female clothing in the back room.

On the right side of the store, the first room is various scarves and winter accessories, such as gloves and shawls. Behind that is a small room of trench coats for men, and lastly a room in the back featuring men's Burberry London. Overall, I think the store is beautiful and well designed. I was surprised at the small staff, just one associate on the left side of the store and 2-3 on the right half.

In related news, the Burberry selection at Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale is significantly smaller. There are a few random pieces still to be sold, and the polos have been placed closer to the Diesel section. Modern Amusement for men has been moved closer to the jean's wall with the GStar Raw, allowing for the selection of Ralph Lauren to be expanded.

The Disney store is completely closed at Yorkdale, no sign suggesting a relocation. There is now a wall up with Bath and Body Works covering it. Perhaps B&BW is moving locations, or simply expanding into the space next door. Tommy Hilfiger has re-openned, didn't go in as I really don't care for their clothing. American Apparel has alsp openned shop, however they stuck with their minimalist design which doesn't add any visual interest to the space what-so ever.

Bath & Body Works has really expanded very quickly into Canada!

Chinook Centre Calgary, Alberta (403) 441-2237 Now Open!
Market Mall Calgary, Alberta (403) 247-6169 Now Open!
West Edmonton Mall Edmonton, Alberta (780) 484-0739 Now Open!
Bower Place Red Deer, Alberta (403) 340-8594 Now Open!
Yorkdale S.C. Toronto, Ontario (416) 787-1051 Now Open!
Stone Road Mall Guelph, Ontario (519) 836-6904 Now Open!
Erin Mills T. C. Mississauga, Ontario (905) 820-1112 Now Open!
White Oaks Mall London, Ontario (519) 685-5457 Now Open!
Fairview Mall Willowdale, Ontario (416) 492-1469 Now Open!
Sherway Gardens Etobicoke, Ontario (416) 626-5899 Now Open!
Scarborough Town Centre Scarborough, Ontario (416) 290-5174 Now Open!
Toronto Eaton Centre Toronto, Ontario (416) 598-1561 Now Open!
Devonshire Mall Windsor, Ontario (519) 967-9484 Now Open!
Pen Centre St. Catharines, Ontario (905) 688-9703 Now Open!
Limeridge Mall Hamilton, Ontario (905) 388-7799 Now Open!
Limeridge Mall (Home Fragrance Store) Hamilton, Ontario (905) 318-3693 Now Open!
Cross Iron Mills Calgary, Alberta TBD Summer 2009
Mapleview Shopping Centre Burlington, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
Georgian Mall Barrie, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
Conestoga Mall Waterloo, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
Square One Mississauga, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
Smart Centre Eglinton Scarborough, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
Vaughan Mills Vaughan, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
Shops at Don Mills Toronto, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
Heartland Town Centre Toronto, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
The Exchange Tower Toronto, Ontario TBD Fall 2009
Richmond Centre Vancouver, BC TBD Fall 2009
Kingsway Gardens Edmonton, Alberta TBD Fall 2009

edit: they mistakenly listed Heartland Town Centre as being in Toronto instead of Mississauga haha.

New LCBO at Spadina/King

Just noticed a new sign on the lowrise building under construction at Spadina and King (formerly a Budget rent-a-car?) - it's going to be a LCBO.

However, even more exciting news is that Loop Contemporary Gallery has moved from WQW to Dundas West near Brock. Maybe this year's WQW Art Crawl (hope to see y'all there this coming Saturday PM, also come check me out at S.W.A.P at the Raging Spoon, I'll take your photograph:D) will be the last? Next year, it may have to be called the D(undas) W(est) A(rt)&D(esign) E(xhibition.) DWADE.

Back