Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

I think the white (left-most) or the colour on the far right would work the best with the other colours on the building.

Increase the transparency by perhaps 20, maybe 30% and I'm sold as the curvy balconies will still be quite prominent. As is, it's too solid a glass panel and I think it will block out too much of the building & cause a conflict with contrast of materials.

A little extra transparency would be fine. I think the more white it is, the LESS clashing there will be of materials though; the other aqua-blue colours don't match the building as well because the spandrel is a blue colour. (It's a shame they didn't match the spandrels and balcony glass as well ahead of time).

A slightly transparent white glass with a tinge of aqua in it would be ideal! I hope that's what they end up going with.

<<< I SUPPORT CIVIL, POSITIVE DISCUSSION ON URBANTORONTO >>>

Last edited:
78fad91c.gif

62180453.gif

fa1276d6.gif

9b5c8da4.gif

8278561c.gif

5bcb3e30.gif

81ea35bb.gif

a44b1d53.gif

fe7439d6.gif

a2ef1a41.gif

Thanks for taking shots of the actual DETAILS of the building... the canopy, signage, cladding going up on the rounded portion, etc. Made for a great update for those of us who aren't down in the market area very often! :)

If only more clients hiring aA go for that red brick look for their projects.

AoD

Absolutely, it looks great! Pam McConnell is no push-over, she and the resident associations work hard to get great looking buildings built in St. Lawrence Market and it pays off in spades. It looks like this has about two or three levels to go?

greenleaf:

I don't know for sure, but I think the problem with the glass overhang at Murano had to do with impact damage (from the falling balcony glass episode) instead of the design per se.

AoD

^^ No, because the panels have shattered over and over again countless times, outside of the falling glass, and falling glass wouldn't fall directly down and certainly not close enough to the building that it would hit the canopy.

The glass canopy at Murano seemed to have a shockingly small amount of cushioning or space to allow for the glass panels to expand and contract in the colder weather, or even the metal buttons that hold them in place.

I don't think they'll repeat the same problem at Market Wharf.

Absolutely, it looks great! Pam McConnell is no push-over, she and the resident associations work hard to get great looking buildings built in St. Lawrence Market and it pays off in spades. It looks like this has about two or three levels to go?

Was there today and they were pouring the columns (north side) to support the 32nd floor which would be the last one with the current floorplate. After the 32nd floor roof it steps back to another amoeba shape (like the amenity floor) for the penthouses. Should top off pretty fast as there is no HVAC or anything on the roof as it is all on the 4/5th floor in the south west part of the building.

photo by me from the sales centre...

3677986861_d53e732795_z.jpg

Last edited:
Hey MOD's, not to be picky but the address for the building is actually 3 Market Street (phase 1) and 1 Market St. (phase 2 tower). I'm just sayin'.

with Market Wharf, the Berczy, 60 Colborne, 88 Scott and the renovation of the market., the st. lawrence market will be one of the most exclusive areas in Toronto

Back