Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

any ideas as to why the windows on the curved part of the building (floors 7 & 8) going up so slowly? it's been like this for about 3 weeks...

any ideas as to why the windows on the curved part of the building (floors 7 & 8) going up so slowly? it's been like this for about 3 weeks...

I wouldn't doubt if it has something to do with a last minute change in design, so as to put up some kind of barrier to prevent purchasers from jumping out their windows and in front of oncoming GO Trains when they suddenly are hit with the shock of recognition that they paid WAY TOO MUCH for their units that are RIGHT BESIDE SOME TRAIN TRACKS and that nobody wants to buy their units once the building is registered.

I wouldn't doubt if it has something to do with a last minute change in design, so as to put up some kind of barrier to prevent purchasers from jumping out their windows and in front of oncoming GO Trains when they suddenly are hit with the shock of recognition that they paid WAY TOO MUCH for their units that are RIGHT BESIDE SOME TRAIN TRACKS and that nobody wants to buy their units once the building is registered.

Yeah, right next to St. Lawrence Market too. What a terrible location.

Yeah, right next to St. Lawrence Market too. What a terrible location.

Really? St. Lawrence Market is a great neighbourhood, and what's wrong with living next to the market? I'd have more of an aversion to living next to the the rail tracks (or a highway) than the world best market!

Really? St. Lawrence Market is a great neighbourhood, and what's wrong with living next to the market? I'd have more of an aversion to living next to the the rail tracks (or a highway) than the world best market!

I think he was being sarcastic ; )

from yesterday
DSCF3447.jpg

DSCF3512.jpg

Are there any plans for the parking lot between it and SLM?

IIRC, it'll be the site of a temporary structure to house the Saturday farmers' market and Sunday antiques market, while the north building is torn down & rebuilt. Then it becomes an extension of the linear park to the east, I think?

IIRC, it'll be the site of a temporary structure to house the Saturday farmers' market and Sunday antiques market, while the north building is torn down & rebuilt. Then it becomes an extension of the linear park to the east, I think?

You are correct. Ultimately it will become a park.

If the North Market ever happens : (

Back