Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

If you look closely there are two types of glass. One fully opaque (right four panels) and the other partially see through (left four panels). I suspect maybe they were seeing what the two types of glass looked like before making a decision???

photo by me.. hard to see but if you look closely it can be seen.

6859596510_f790d1d25a_o.jpg

hmmm, neither of those test panels looks very promising to me. Maybe I am remembering it incorrectly but I thought the balcony detail here was going to be white? As it stands these test panels look too close in tone to the main glass of the building and my fear is that the effect of the curves will be lost with all this monochrome of glass. White would have given this building a light airy feel whereas the monochrome will make it feel heavy and overbearing...

my other observation is that this building looks good from up close but from a distance it looks like a hulking slab - especially in those shots from Sherbourne Common...

I want semi-transparent or translucent panels -- of reinforced glass, so they can't shatter and stab people on lower balconies or in the streets. The more light we get in our condos, the better. I'm less concerned (not to say indifferent) about how the buliding looks to passers-by. I'm not a wave look fanatic anyway. To me, one of the best-looking residential buildings in Toronto is Tower Hill on St. Clair West, despite its open iron-bar balcony rails -- and despite its vastly inferior location, of course. :rolleyes: http://www.caprent.com/properties/ontario/toronto/towerhillwest.aspx

Last edited:
Isn't all balcon glass evrywhere suppose to be shatter proof like car windows? If not, why isn't all glas made that way. Or is this to high-tech, and expensive.. And why are these buildings
being built with such pour care. I am rather annoyed to hear about all the glass falling especially where the tourist and shopping areas are. I'm almost affraid to go back there as I prefer not to be impailled by glass. Call me silly. But i like being safe. Knowing my luck I'd be the person who gets hit with it first. Or has anyone been hurt yet?

Isn't all balcon glass evrywhere suppose to be shatter proof like car windows? If not, why isn't all glas made that way. Or is this to high-tech, and expensive.. And why are these buildings
being built with such pour care. I am rather annoyed to hear about all the glass falling especially where the tourist and shopping areas are. I'm almost affraid to go back there as I prefer not to be impailled by glass. Call me silly. But i like being safe. Knowing my luck I'd be the person who gets hit with it first. Or has anyone been hurt yet?

All the glass used on balconies in Toronto are tempered glass, so they break into small chunks rather than jagged shards.

hmmm, neither of those test panels looks very promising to me. Maybe I am remembering it incorrectly but I thought the balcony detail here was going to be white? As it stands these test panels look too close in tone to the main glass of the building and my fear is that the effect of the curves will be lost with all this monochrome of glass. White would have given this building a light airy feel whereas the monochrome will make it feel heavy and overbearing...

my other observation is that this building looks good from up close but from a distance it looks like a hulking slab - especially in those shots from Sherbourne Common...

Looks like they added another test panel which is more white (far left). Not so easy to see in the picture but in person it is very white.

6959894732_8cd3054267_c.jpg

Last edited:
I think the white (left-most) or the colour on the far right would work the best with the other colours on the building.

Back