News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 822     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Imagine if Apple could also sell liquor how busy that would be!!

There's an app for that.

ibeer%20image.jpg

Attachments

• ibeer%20image.jpg
    ibeer%20image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,404
There's an app for that.

View attachment 56092

I forgot about those apps. But anyhow, Apple probably could get that space even up in that level to work. People would go out of their way to go there. I'd still rather see them open up on ground level and onto Yonge St., but it is sounding unlikely to happen from what is being posted recently here. I still hold out hope though.

So, Zara is confirmed for two storeys. It's got 13,308 square feet on the main floor, and looks like it's taking a 4,518 square foot space on the upper floor.

View attachment 56003

Meanwhile, who is going into the 8,595 square foot former Greenjeans space? At one point I thought that one of the Nordstrom restaurants might be located here, but you'll see in the last photo that the bridge that linked the department store to the upper level has been removed. The hoarding up there is black, so…

View attachment 56002
View attachment 56004
?!

This really is very interesting. If this space is 8,595 sq. ft. what size is the existing store? Judging by the amount of traffic that Apple Store Eaton Centre sees on just any regular day, I'd say that they need to at least double the store size, if not triple it to meet demand. Right now, the store is absolutely suffocating. It's impossible to get around without squeezing in between people. What a terrible experience from a company that is known for great retail experiences. This is why I can't imagine Apple just sitting out this Eaton Centre expansion.

That escalator is rarely used and would only need to serve that store since Zara has an entrance and stairs/escalators on the main level. I could see Apple replacing it with a glass stair case of their own.

Lenscrafters has now opened their new store in the Level 2 expansion. Their previous (temporary) location in the space beside the Disney Store is now closed. I'm not sure what's going into that space, if anything. Perhaps Calendar Club will return there for the Christmas season?

Mendocino will be opening their new location on Level 2 either on Wednesday, October 7 (as per their website), or on October 9th (as listed on the hoarding). As per devjohnson's post above, ALLSAINTS is moving into the former Mendocino space upstairs on Level 3. The former Lacoste, Ecco and La Vie En Rose spaces on Level 3 are now empty.

Godiva Chocolate appears to be undergoing yet another renovation for their store.

H20+ and Crabtree & Evelyn have both closed on Level 3. Kiehl's will be opening up this Spring in the Crabtree & Evelyn Space. Marc Cain is moving in next door, in the former La Vie En Rose location. The Second Cup is undergoing a renovation and is temporarily closed.

Last edited:

Back