News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 291     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 823     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Blue Marine & Co. will be moving their store upstairs to the Level 2 Expansion beside Lush.

Hyba Movewear will be opening in October, where Smart Set used to be located.

It looks pretty certain that Apple won't be moving in to the unannounced spot in the atrium at Yonge-Dundas. They closed off the front wall and are applying blue skin insulation with only a double door sized opening. Apple would've made it a glass facade.

It looks pretty certain that Apple won't be moving in to the unannounced spot in the atrium at Yonge-Dundas. They closed off the front wall and are applying blue skin insulation with only a double door sized opening. Apple would've made it a glass facade.

Uniqlo it is, then?

There are three spots north of Nordstrom. H&M is already in one of them, Uniqlo is going in another one, Apple is speculated for a third, but MetroMan's no longer believes it will be Apple. There's been no question that Uniqlo will go in to one of the three.

There are three spots north of Nordstrom. H&M is already in one of them, Uniqlo is going in another one, Apple is speculated for a third, but MetroMan's no longer believes it will be Apple. There's been no question that Uniqlo will go in to one of the three.

Right, but I think MetroMan was writing specifically about the easternmost of the spaces north of Nordstrom. Since he believes it won't be Apple, I'm pointing out that it's quite likely that it will be Uniqlo, with potential for the westernmost space to be taken by Apple (no true street presence, in this case).

Uniqlo it is, then?
Right, but I think MetroMan was writing specifically about the easternmost of the spaces north of Nordstrom. Since he believes it won't be Apple, I'm pointing out that it's quite likely that it will be Uniqlo, with potential for the westernmost space to be taken by Apple (no true street presence, in this case).

I'll jump in to answer. Uniqlo is taking the interior-accessed mall space lacking Yonge St. frontage (between H&M and Nordstrom) according to Uniqlo's broker at Aurora Realty Consultants. Ground floor will be a bit over 10,000 square feet, upper level close to 18,000 square feet.

Apple and its broker, Northwest Atlantic, are good at keeping secrets.

Last edited:
I'll jump in to answer. Uniqlo is taking the interior-accessed mall space lacking Yonge St. frontage (between H&M and Nordstrom) according to Uniqlo's broker at Aurora Realty Consultants. Ground floor will be a bit over 10,000 square feet, upper level close to 18,000 square feet.

Apple and its broker, Northwest Atlantic, are good at keeping secrets.

Hmm, intriguing. If not Apple and not Uniqlo, I wonder what flagship retailer it will be. An as of yet unannounced new arrival to Toronto/Canada?
I wonder how the atrium streetfront will be configured to market the inner Uniqlo.

It's not necessarily going to be interesting or groundbreaking, like a new arrival to Toronto or Canada. The TEC expnasion thus far has been somewhat underwhelming. CF's instincts are to be safe and staid.

It's all very strange. With all main tenants undergoing major renovations and/or relocations, is it possible that Apple, TEC's top grossing tenant, is playing absolutely no part in Eaton Centre's expansion? Meanwhile, the store is horribly under capacity for the traffic that it sees.

There have been so many signs pointing to Apple as a major anchor tenant in the expansion and as of now, we have no clue who is going in that new space. What other retailer does that? I can't think of a single one.

Nonetheless, the design of the store is shaping up to be unlike Apple. Besides the walled off facade, there are far too many pillars. With few exceptions for historical buildings, Apple's stores are typically open concept with clear sight lines. No pillars on the floor.

So, if Apple is completely neglecting their existing store and the space that seemed to be theirs is unsuitable, what are they planning to do? It may be worth looking at one of the major tenants in the mall that might relocate to this new space opening up a large premium location in the old mall for Apple to take over.

Given all the speculation on these various threads about Apple Stores opening in Union Station, IBE, or elsewhere downtown, is it possible that Apple plans to keep a relatively small store in the Eaton Centre, as it will relieve the pressure on that store by opening flagship/landmark/larger (whatever word one wants to use) store(s) elsewhere in the downtown?

Last edited:
I would have suggested that it might be one of the new redesigned stores that they are working on, but the one that just opened in Brussels features plenty of glass still.

On another note, does anyone have an idea when the Uniqlo might open? I need some t shirts soon.

Back