News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 916     1 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Random thought, since IKEA is the landlord for the Marshalls store at College Park and IKEA is doing quite well there. What are the chances that IKEA wants to take over the Marshalls store and TXJ is looking at moving the Marshalls to Eatons?

Every time I’ve visited that Marshalls it’s never busy and their selection seems very sparse compared to some of the other locations in the downtown area.

Random thought, since IKEA is the landlord for the Marshalls store at College Park and IKEA is doing quite well there. What are the chances that IKEA wants to take over the Marshalls store and TXJ is looking at moving the Marshalls to Eatons?

Every time I’ve visited that Marshalls it’s never busy and their selection seems very sparse compared to some of the other locations in the downtown area.
Another random thought: If Indigo really is moving, what's to stop the current Indigo space from becoming a Marshall's?

Just a theory...Winners on Level 2 of The Tenor is just over 25K square feet as well, so it's possible that they're leaving for the Old Navy space in TEC, which is the same size. The Ballroom Bowl is supposed to take at least 15K sq ft of the food court above on Level 3, so could they be eventually moving some of the existing food court tenants down to where Winners is currently?
Don't forget there is already a Tim Horton's and another food place on the Dollarama level. If the Beer Store closes (due to beer becoming available everywhere) this also frees up space for a new food court, adding to what's already there.
(just a thought)

The current Indigo is too small for a Simons too, unless some other retailers were moved in the process.
💡 I'm thinking if Simons had any desire to be in the Eaton Centre at all, they would have jumped all over the opportunity to take the former Nordstrom space.
It makes me wonder what's going on over at Yorkdale...maybe Simons will move in there?

💡 I'm thinking if Simons had any desire to be in the Eaton Centre at all, they would have jumped all over the opportunity to take the former Nordstrom space.
It makes me wonder what's going on over at Yorkdale...maybe Simons will move in there?
Or what about the new space being created in the Hudson Bay Centre at Yonge and Bloor?

Cole Haan will be opening a new store beside Little Burgundy on Level 2.

The signage for the upcoming Queen's Cross food hall has gone up. Construction appears to be progessing inside.

PXL_20240206_002516341.jpg

The Grand Opening of Queen's Cross Food Hall will be next Wednesday, April 24. The space has been cleaned up compared to last week. They are currently in the process of training staff, and there may possibly be a soft opening in the days leading up to next week.

Back