News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 541     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Not sure. My instinct says 'no'; but then again..... I don't have the deets on that as yet.

Just a theory...Winners on Level 2 of The Tenor is just over 25K square feet as well, so it's possible that they're leaving for the Old Navy space in TEC, which is the same size. The Ballroom Bowl is supposed to take at least 15K sq ft of the food court above on Level 3, so could they be eventually moving some of the existing food court tenants down to where Winners is currently?

Just a theory...Winners on Level 2 of The Tenor is just over 25K square feet as well, so it's possible that they're leaving for the Old Navy space in TEC, which is the same size. The Ballroom Bowl is supposed to take at least 15K sq ft of the food court above on Level 3, so could they be eventually moving some of the existing food court tenants down to where Winners is currently?
As long as whoever moves in makes better use of the windows I'd be happy. Ideally, there'd be outward facing counter seating all along the windows (like the similarly placed Starbucks at Shibuya Crossing in Tokyo).

I hope they don't close the Marshall's Aura to move it to the Tenor. Aura has enough problems trying to fill store space in (and near) their lower food court as is, lol

Marshall's is not on my scorecard for The Tenor.

I was at the Williams Sonnoma yesterday. The staff said that Harry Rosen is also closing and Indigo will move there. Seemed weird to me.
Back in the day Harry's was supposed to go into 2 Queen West (this is pre-COVID). I don't know what happened to that concept and if it's still in play. Harry's is around 16k square feet, which is about the same size as the new Indigo store at the Well, so would not be shocked if Harry's finally opens @ 2 Queen, and Indigo takes their old spot.

Back in the day Harry's was supposed to go into 2 Queen West (this is pre-COVID). I don't know what happened to that concept and if it's still in play. Harry's is around 16k square feet, which is about the same size as the new Indigo store at the Well, so would not be shocked if Harry's finally opens @ 2 Queen, and Indigo takes their old spot.
Makes sense

If Marshalls at Aura ever closes, Ikea should expand to that level as well. Does Ingka Group own the 3rd floor of the podium?

If Indigo will be moving to the current Harry Rosen space, provided that HR moves next door to 2 Queen West, that means they'll be majorly downsizing. It will also leave a rather large space vacant in the middle of the mall. Indigo is around 35K of space over their 2 floors. What retailer could potentially go in that location?

Is a new staircase/escalators being installed in the main atrium? Sure looks that way, as it's perfectly situated with the 3rd and 2nd level.

IMG_7527.jpg

"If" we're playing the "if" game, then let's add a few layers for additional fun.

Indigo shuttered the 2nd floor entrance (American Girl) before the holidays, which would lead us to wonder why. On the counter discussion, why would Indigo have signed a deal with Columbus Cafe to open a new cafe in the space of the vacated Starbucks if it knew that they were moving?

Harry Rosen is definitely hurting for traffic, but does HR need heavy traffic (think Uniqlo/H&M) to make budget? I do miss the Disney Store in that spot - but I don't think that brand is coming back anytime soon.

Was 2 Queen impacted with the upcoming Ontario Line? If anyone was signed to go in there - wouldn't the disruption for the next 5-7 years be too much to handle.

If Marshalls at Aura ever closes, Ikea should expand to that level as well. Does Ingka Group own the 3rd floor of the podium?

If Indigo will be moving to the current Harry Rosen space, provided that HR moves next door to 2 Queen West, that means they'll be majorly downsizing. It will also leave a rather large space vacant in the middle of the mall. Indigo is around 35K of space over their 2 floors. What retailer could potentially go in that location?
It looks that they own the entire retail podium.

wasnt the aritiza looking for a new flagship? could be a fit with their O-OK cafe too?

I hope they don't close the Marshall's Aura to move it to the Tenor. Aura has enough problems trying to fill store space in (and near) their lower food court as is, lol
Given there's already a Winners closer to that Marshall's than TEC (the one in College Park), I think it'll be fine. Both stores seem to do well enough where they are that i don't think they'd wanna move anything. Plus Marshall's seems to be benefitting from some of the traffic going to IKEA. Lots of people checking out both to do home improvements.

Given there's already a Winners closer to that Marshall's than TEC (the one in College Park), I think it'll be fine. Both stores seem to do well enough where they are that i don't think they'd wanna move anything. Plus Marshall's seems to be benefitting from some of the traffic going to IKEA. Lots of people checking out both to do home improvements.
I don't think they want 3 Winners stores so close together though. Something just might give...

Last edited:

Back