News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 577     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Yup - Retail Insider said Winners will be taking over the Old Navy space.

There we go, its public now..........

But some here guessed correctly awhile ago in response to my tease; here:

There we go, its public now..........

But some here guessed correctly awhile ago in response to my tease; here:

I wonder though..

How well a Winners do here? I know Markville, Dufferin and Upper Canada Malls all have one however they all seem quite barren. They are all large open stores with more space than people.

Personally, I am on the fence. It may get some traffic being in the Eaton Centre but on the other hand if the quality of the incoming merchandise is iffy they may not last long.

The issue with Winners is that the stores are highly dependent on what merchandise they get. Not all stores have the same products or selection. Take the suburban stores vs the College Park store for example.

If done correctly this could be a win but if they treat it like the Yorkville or One York stores it will close quickly.

I find some winners are much better than others (Sherway or Leaside) for example. Ive seen some "viral" TIKTOKs and they have shown some designer brands like golden goose or gucci so it creates hype and draws traffic. Whether you find anything or not, part of the "discovery".

But usually Winners are a disorganized mess and more frustrating to sort through...

Back