Toronto 350 Bloor East | 209.07m | 63s | Osmington Gerofsky | Hariri Pontarini

Report on this one to the next meeting of Preservation Board:

Smile, UT ;)

Of note, this is what it was always going to be, a reconstruction of the exterior of the original podium as retention was never really feasible. Though the original cladding will be put back up wherever feasible.

Here's a render:

1710280520038.png

I lived nearby for 8 years with south views to the financial core and north views across Rosedale Ravine (2 terraces)... but only 5 floors up.

I want to croak ⚰️ in the southwest corner penthouse on the 62nd floor of this beauty. When is occupancy?

With office space becoming more obsolete, I think this is a good change to get more affordable units in across the city, and seeing this start as the precedent. 16 may not seem like much, but there are a number of projects that I'm going to guess are stalled in the meat grinder because the pro-forma for office is just a bad deal right now.

So is this a de facto policy shift? Are staff ready to accept office demolition as long as there’s some affordable housing involved?

If anyone wants to discuss anonymously, please, DM.

So is this a de facto policy shift? Are staff ready to accept office demolition as long as there’s some affordable housing involved?

If anyone wants to discuss anonymously, please, DM.
my understanding is that this is the new standard, yes. You can waive office replacement requirements provided you give some level of affordable housing contribution.

So, I have it on good authority that:

1) There is no definitive standard on what merits flexibility on the office replacement file.

2) Planners are being given discretion to consider flexibility, w/affordable housing being one of the acceptable reasons. Others may include medical labs sub'ing for office space.

The intent is to preserve the office replacement policy overall, but show an open mind in the current market, if given a compelling reason to do so.

Amended at TYSSE this morning. No changes that will concern anyone. A series of small positives tacked on by Councillor Saxe.........including the Saxe Special - "Thou Shalt include a public drinking fountain"

I wholly endorse this by the way; but I still find it no end of amusing.

A reminder to builders, pay attention.........in the Councillor's Ward, no drinking fountain, no density!

The motion below:

1712157355832.png

May I take a moment to commend @HousingNowTO who spoke on this item, in respect of the affordable housing component, and who did (as one might anticipate) a fine job explaining the virtues of said component here.

Back