Toronto 350 Bloor East | 209.07m | 63s | Osmington Gerofsky | Hariri Pontarini

Proposals are only as good as those behind them. OG are not the owners here, just the DM. And while they've gotten an excellent concept from an excellent firm, it's up to Rogers to properly fund it.

How is Rogers involved? Step 1 will be to evict the existing tenant to allow for demolition. Rogers isn't going to be interested in moving back into that small space again.

It's an office building. They own and occupy that office building. Are you suggesting they evict themselves and demolish their asset?

Isn't it going to be 90% residential? The few office floors, once rebuilt, will be even more cramped and cluttered (with elevators and vertical supports) than they are today, and the floorplate is already on the smaller side.

I interpreted it as a rezoning effort to sell or partner with a residential developer.

Last edited:
Proposals are only as good as those behind them. OG are not the owners here, just the DM. And while they've gotten an excellent concept from an excellent firm, it's up to Rogers to properly fund it. This one has been through some torture behind the scenes and while I'm certainly hopeful for a great outcome, it's still too deep in the woods to celebrate a victory.
Thank you for this too. /bows

Isn't it going to be 90% residential? The few office floors, once rebuilt, will be even more cramped and cluttered (with elevators and vertical supports) than they are today, and the floorplate is already on the smaller side.

I interpreted it as a rezoning effort to sell or partner with a residential developer.
100% of the office needs to be maintained, per OPA 231 and TO Core. It's currently ~99k office on 2-6. This is mostly proposed to be rebuilt in the new building.

The large render looks to me like 3 sides of the Parkin facade (only) are retained.... so yes Rogers will have to evict themselves, while their asset is largely demolished and rebuilt. I may be mistaken.

Is this east podium facade not new?
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/attachments/350blooreaersw1280k-jpg.421060/
Yeah the East side is new. Given a lot of Rogers employees are still working from home, it's probably not a big deal for them to temporarily close one office that's basically next to their HQ for a few years, and later reopen it with rebuilt office floors after the residential tower is built above it.

Who knows, maybe they planned to renovate the building anyway, so why not get the added value of the residential tower at the same time?

Application for this one is now up in the AIC:

1662718156309.png

We've seen this render above, but I'm now able to enlarge it a bit, but trimming some of the context in the process:

1662718414209.png

This is a more detailed one as well of the at-grade:

1662718496323.png

New one of both the grade and lower tower:

1662718576580.png

1662718613243.png

1662718680115.png

There are no nighttime renders included in this Arch. Plans, but the landscape plan reveals something interesting, the ground floor, under the canopy is to be uplit:

1662719214929.png

Trees on Bloor frontage, acceptable soil volume. Typical Maple Choice, but interesting to me, Bur Oak is also proposed. I think it could do fine here in the described conditions, so long as there's enough sun.

I wonder why they're keeping the Rogers logo in the renderings. Will Rogers move back to the office portion? Surely it's not because it's deemed heritage-worthy?

Back